Discuss Estimated age of installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mrrkspark

Sorry if this has been covered I but couldn't find anything.
Nor could I find information as to when white pvc t&e was first used in domestic installations.

When filling out test forms they ask the estimated age of installation, and if possible i'm after a timeline for the years that rubber, grey red and black multi core, grey single core red and black, white pvc red and black and grey pvc brown and blue were started to be used and any others if appropriate, to give more accuracy when filling out this section of the forms.

The main reason I ask and started to search is because I have done a conditional report today for a house stuck by lightning which needs to be sent to an insurance company and I would like to be fairly accurate as to the age of installation. (white pvc red and black and wooden backed wylex btw)

Any help appreciated!

Mark

wooden backed wylex dates from 60's. difficult to age the pvc, that replaced rubber in early 60's. brown/blue T/E came in in 2006. hope this helps a bit.

Wickes were still selling red and black 2.5 T&E with white sheathing a couple of years ago. Dont be thrown thinking (as i did) that it had to be pre 2004.

Reply to Estimated age of installation in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock