Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

is heath still alive? can he be shot for treason? bugger, he's dead. let's shoot blair instead.

Are we actually legitimately in the EU or was we cheated into joining, here is how we actually ended up in the EU and who IMHO commited an act of treason and breach the very rights of the electorate by signing us up. Here's a snippet about what happened when we apparently joined the EU.

Many constitutional experts believe that Britain isn’t actually a member of the European Union since our apparent entry was in violation of British law and was, therefore invalid.
In enacting the European Communities Bill through an ordinary vote in the House of Commons, Ted Heath’s Government breached the constitutional convention which requires a prior consultation of the people (either by a general election or a referendum) on any measure involving constitutional change. The general election or referendum must take place before any related parliamentary debate. (Britain has no straightforward written constitution. But, the signing of the Common Market entrance documents was, without a doubt, a breach of the spirit of our constitution.)

Just weeks before the 1970 general election which made him Prime Minister, Edward Heath declared that it would be wrong if any Government contemplating membership of the European Community were to take this step without `the full hearted consent of Parliament and people’.
However, when it came to it Heath didn’t have a referendum because opinion polls at the time (1972) showed that the British people were hugely opposed (by a margin of two to one) against joining the Common Market. Instead, Heath merely signed the documents that took us into what became the European Union on the basis that Parliament alone had passed the European Communities Bill of 1972.
You should have provide a citation for that quote, and not one you get a medal for :)

Pete's done thread on 1962, well I sure have some memories for 1972!

Last edited:

You should have provide a citation for that quote, and not one you get a medal for :)

Pete's done thread on 1962, well I sure have some memories for 1972!

Here's the source, it a piece by Vernon Coleman, a renowned Author, Journalist etc who's one of many interests is politics.. the full piece makes for very interesting reading and hints at bribary as a key factor but in a speculative sense but it created a very big stir at the time and the goverment went tight lipped and wouldn't answer to the claims, since then it has been confirmed on numerous occasions by those in his party that this was the case indeed and he broke the law to get us into the EU.
Was Britain Taken Into The EU Illegally?

Last edited:

if that's the case, can we have all them billions back and deport terrorists?

I note people have mentioned Ted heath, Margaret Thatcher and Hitler in this thread. The first two did more damage than the latter managed to this country.

and all three added together topped by blair and brown.

Countries messed up anyway. Being run by Angela and now weve got an Islamist lord Mayor of London. Might as well turn the lights off soon, mind you we get what we ask for..........

Last edited by a moderator:

I note people have mentioned Ted heath, Margaret Thatcher and Hitler in this thread. The first two did more damage than the latter managed to this country.
Oh dear, someone's letting their romantics getting in the way of reality. You do no homage to the people of this country, who lay down their lives to defeat the Nazis. I hope you choose to retract that remark.

Last edited:

It's nothing to do with romantics. The people who have let them down are the politicians, of all colours (predominantly blue IMO), who have run this country into the ground for the last 50 odd years. If those that fought come back and see the shambles that this country is becoming I dare say a good many would wonder why they bothered. Now we've got Cameron "dictating" to us and telling us what we should do. I know only too well of the sacrifice people made, my father fought in Burma, my point is that they are being let down big time by the dross that runs this country.

It's nothing to do with romantics. The people who have let them down are the politicians, of all colours (predominantly blue IMO)............I know only too well of the sacrifice people made, my father fought in Burma,

Then you should know, not to compare democratically elected & tenured politicians of this country (of whatever political persuasion) and Hitler.

Every five years in this country, if we don't like what our government are dong, we can vote them out. It took a world war to rid us of him.

Democracy, it's what this thread is all about.

Then you should know, not to compare democratically elected & tenured politicians of this country (of whatever political persuasion) and Hitler.

Every five years in this country, if we don't like what our government are dong, we can vote them out. It took a world war to rid us of him.

Democracy, it's what this thread is all about.
I think you have misunderstood my point. I wasn't "comparing them" on that basis, Hitler was obviously an evil nutter, no different from some modern day (late thankfully) examples. I was suggesting that the other two also, IMO, managed to do irreparable damage to our country. In fact, just thinking about it, we did manage to recover very well from the war, and then our politicians began to sell off the country and generally get us in the mess we are now. and speaking of democracy, that's alive and kicking is it? Here we have the majority of Tory MP's probably wanting to leave the EU, and Cameron DICTATING to us all to leave. These remain commentators will be blaming any future bad weather on staying in soon the laughable way they are trying to sway us.

Here we have the majority of Tory MP's probably wanting to leave the EU, and Cameron DICTATING to us all to leave. These remain commentators will be blaming any future bad weather on staying in soon the laughable way they are trying to sway us.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me Sparks.

I think you have misunderstood my point. I wasn't "comparing them" on that basis, Hitler was obviously an evil nutter, no different from some modern day (late thankfully) examples. I was suggesting that the other two also, IMO, managed to do irreparable damage to our country. In fact, just thinking about it, we did manage to recover very well from the war, and then our politicians began to sell off the country and generally get us in the mess we are now. and speaking of democracy, that's alive and kicking is it? Here we have the majority of Tory MP's probably wanting to leave the EU, and Cameron DICTATING to us all to STAY IN. These remain commentators will be blaming any future bad weather on staying in soon the laughable way they are trying to sway us.

corrected that for you.you owe me a pint.
:75:

Countries fooked anyway. Being run by Angela and now weve got an Islamist lord Mayor of London. Might as well turn the lights off soon, mind you we get what we ask for..........

He isn't lord mayor he is just the Mayor of London, the Lord Mayor is the leader of the City of London Corporation and is completely different

Countries messed up anyway. Being run by Angela and now weve got an Islamist lord Mayor of London. Might as well turn the lights off soon, mind you we get what we ask for..........

Countries not messed up,
Not run by Angele Merkel
Mayor not Lord Mayor
And he's not an Islamist.

Any other untruths you'd like to use to make your point.

Any other untruths you'd like to use to make your point.
Countries not messed up, Yes it is
Not run by Angele Merkel Almost, might as well be. Germans have got control in the end without firing a shot
Mayor not Lord Mayor You know what I meant
And he's not an Islamist. He's not a Muslim then? I think you will find he is, and as such will subscribe to the same theme, that they are the superior religion and every other religion (or those with no faith like me) are somehow inferior.

..... I think you will find he is, and as such will subscribe to the same theme, that they are the superior religion and every other religion (or those with no faith like me) are somehow inferior.

haha.... this jus makes you sound like a thicko.....

Countries not messed up, Yes it is
Not run by Angele Merkel Almost, might as well be. Germans have got control in the end without firing a shot
Mayor not Lord Mayor You know what I meant
And he's not an Islamist. He's not a Muslim then? I think you will find he is, and as such will subscribe to the same theme, that they are the superior religion and every other religion (or those with no faith like me) are somehow inferior.

I have muslim friends who do not fit your stereotype here, if you are to argue what the Quran says then you can see almost identical scripture in the bible yet I don't see those with a far right attitude making similar accusations and painting all christians with the same brush, yes amongst the muslim faith there is a sector that read and interpret the Quran exactly as you have expressed but to tar everyone with the same brush with that statement is somewhat dangerous and why we have groups like EDL and Britain First (Britain First could be labled as Christian Fanatics by the same thinking) who have many times been seen to spout racist, xenophobic crap, yes there may be an underlying issue that needs addressing but resorting to hatred and stigmatisation on mass means you end up no better than the fanatics you are painting the whole muslim faith to be.
Most religions believe their own God to be the greatest hence they follow their particular faith, they will instinctively look at any other beliefs, God's etc as not the truth or mis-guided so put their own beliefs on somewhat of a pedestal, if you ever try convince a jehovah witness that God doesn't exist you will see what I mean as they debunk your thinking and believe you haven't yet found your way, so in respect to start saying someone of a muslim faith believes their God is either the only God or the Greatest is not unique to the muslim faith, it just appears more prominent because we have extremists and fanatics spreading hatred as oppose to respect for other beliefs.

Last edited:

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net