Discuss European sockets and AVPlates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I run a company in the UK that manufactures Audio Visual Face Plates. One of our main product areas is providing a range of Uk 1 and 2 gang plates with a wide range of available connections for people’s needs.
I am currently looking into expanding a services into the European market. However I am finding it difficult to work out what a blanking plate it abroad. I need to work out sizes fixing points useable area etc. I would also need to look at patterns boxes for the plates. It is very easy in the UK 1 and 2 gang blanks are a standard size, I am sure it will be the same abroad, however it is difficult to work out being UK based.
Any help would be available. Ideally someone with a European electrical wholesaler details that could help be initially source some plates and back boxes.

Regards
Richard

They vary in Spain too, but there are some standard sizes.

If you are expanding into the REST of Europe (we haven't left yet) why not pop over to some of the countries you want to supply and buy a few items?

Modular systems are much more established in Europe. You buy a plate with the appropriate number of spaces and fit the modules you need. Many makers offer basic AV connectors in the same series as power sockets and switches, with the same finishes. To go behind a TV you might make up a plate with two Schuko sockets, dual F-connector, HDMI / DVI , 4 speaker binding posts and a network / phone phone module. A corresponding backbox

To get dimensions of typical boxes, download some catalogues and tech specs from the major manufacturers like Schneider & Legrand. For visuals, here's a link to some typical examples: einbaudose | BAUHAUS - https://www.bauhaus.info/suche/produkte?text=einbaudose

Reply to European sockets and AVPlates in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock