Discuss EV charging points advise needed in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening evening!

Been giving drawings for some flats which also need 3x ev charging points outside
no spec given atall as yet!

Just wanting to get clued up before hand

so for something like this- Rolec EV Charging IEC WallPod 16A HomeCharge EVWP2010 | RS Electrical Supplies - http://www.rselectricalsupplies.co.uk/rolec-ev-charging-iec-wallpod-16a-homecharge-evwp2010_9486

simply just a 16a SWA radial on a mcb as the unit has the built in rcd (is it A type?)
if the system is TN- then am i right in thinking I need a rod for each of the chargers

cheers for any insight

Evening evening!

Been giving drawings for some flats which also need 3x ev charging points outside

so for something like this- Rolec EV Charging IEC WallPod 16A HomeCharge EVWP2010 | RS Electrical Supplies - http://www.rselectricalsupplies.co.uk/rolec-ev-charging-iec-wallpod-16a-homecharge-evwp2010_9486

simply just a 16a SWA radial on a mcb as the unit has the built in rcd (is it A type?)
if the system is TN- then am i right in thinking I need a rod for each of the chargers

cheers for any insight
I would wait before commenting until you get hold of the specification for these units.

See Section 722 of BS7671, the IET also have the Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment.

I was about to post the same , but I am having trouble scrolling and posting on the site .
I am using opera , and have just tried IE.
Ie was ok before ,but is now doing the same .

DITTO !
I would look into it carefully first
especially the amount of power used 16 A seems a little light on !

What is a Tesla Wall Connector?
The Wall Connector can be installed on a circuit from 6 to 32 amps

Evening evening!

cheers for any insight

Believe its with PME supply, where TT is suggested, albeit there's a get out of jail card in reg 722.411.4.1!

If I was doing some, I would purchase and read the COP, as westward suggested.

are you referring to 722.411.4.1iii ?
is this a 'a type rcd'?

Nope not exactly;

722.411.4.1, 'The requirements of this regulation need not be applied for charging point at a dwelling, if none of (i), (ii) or (iii) is reasonably practicable'.

Seem to remember there was another thread on this subject, not so long ago, where that sentenced was debated back and forth. I still don't understand it.

As said, never done one before, but if I did, think I would obtain that COP and have a good read.

Nope not exactly;

722.411.4.1, 'The requirements of this regulation need not be applied for charging point at a dwelling, if none of (i), (ii) or (iii) is reasonably practicable'.

Seem to remember there was another thread on this subject, not so long ago, where that sentenced was debated back and forth. I still don't understand it.

As said, never done one before, but if I did, think I would obtain that COP and have a good read.
also goes on to say what their def of dwellings is......would 9 flats over 3 stories be classed as dwelling?

Reply to EV charging points advise needed in the Electric Vehicles Advice Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock