Discuss Eve Valkerie in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So I took the plunge as it was half price and bought this game for the vr .. I'm in awe and will never play a space dogfight in 2d ever again, it can take some getting used to dizzy wise but every time I jump into a fighter cockpit and get launched into space is an experience hard to translate on here, you just get so immersed been inside the fighter as opposed to a 2d distant view ... 10/10

I've wanted to play it for years now. I used to play eve online (the game that valkeiri is in the same universe as) but lack of time stops me. Glad to see it's offshoot is a success though.

It's a game changer .. been in the fighter and looking out at your enemy in 360 view is amazing ..I look up at my roof chasing on a dog fight but in the game your looking out of the fighter window, like I said, never going back I'm hooked!

It says a lot that some people feel sick because it's so realistic their brains don't agree with what their eyes are telling them! I've tried a demo of it (and failed miserably!), if I had the time I'd blow up Internet spaceships with you!

It is fiddly to get used to the controls, the AI alone is brilliant when playing single player and they hunt you down like you're an injured fox , when you go online to compete then you are matched to other players your level so I tend to find that they also make the roukie mistakes you do, I think the first 20 or so hours of gameplay in their is just levelling you up ready for the seasoned players, I haven't even done any upgrades yet to my fighter but I'm sure as I advance it will become a must in order to stop acting like a sitting duck.
All I can really say at the moment is whenever I log on and get launched into space again which use some amazing graphics btw, I am in awe everytime.
I have several games now, the only other one I rate is resident evil 7 in VR but that's more for the jump scares than anything, I'm still going back to playing 2d with that one I find as its better played standing up to feel half as real as Eve' but can get tiresome and you need the space to do it, Eve on the other hand requires you seated and mimics a seated position in the game so you get the full immersion.

Yeah the immersion is 2nd to none. If upgrades work how they work in eve online your module choice can make a massive difference to your game play. Microwave drives make you insanely fast, but they bloom your signature radius making you take more damage in some situations, and drain your capacitor so fast that you can't fire your guns. Eve is about balance between speed/defence/offence, and even then, it can be described as rock/paper/shotgun... sometimes in the ship you're in you'll never be able to beat the other ship. There's tons of guides for eve online, probably same for valkyrie.

Yeah, I learning fast, do enjoy a good dogfight and because we are all Ex P matched to some extent it is about 50/50 on the wins and defeats, you can sometimes so someone in your team do 80% of the kills but I'm learning fast it's not about to clocking up kills, there is a lot of strategic play too which can swing any match... Yep I'll probably have a shufty at online guides when I get chance to.

It a VR chopped down version of the massive online EVE game, it's on PS4VR and is VR only, it lacks in single player mode but live online play is excellent, alth0ugh it does get repetitive with only 3 real kinds of battle, having said that I got it for 20 odd quid so was worth the experience on that price, it is hard once you level past 6 as you are out with the real players in the world and it takes some getting used to just to survive a dog fight.

Reply to Eve Valkerie in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net