Discuss ever solar in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

solar22

hi any body help i have a ever solar eye wireless moniter can any body tell me a easy way to get it to communicate with solar bee so i can moniter my inverter i have allready spent hours on this any help much appreciated ps i seem to have followed instructions but no joy thankyou.

I found your post while trying, in vain, to find an answer to the same question.
Where's what I did.
With both Bee and Eye near inverter, so I can see all displays.
Batteries in Eye keep to it going, if power connection (and location) needs changing;
eg setup location to more perminant position.
Is the Solar Bee on? ie flashing at long intervals.
I had to reconnect the ethernet cable, when the inverter was powered up.
I'm not sure how powered up it needs to be; mine was producing around 1700-1800W.
After many attempts at connecting Solar Bee to Solar Eye, the next (needed) step,
for me was where is the Solar Bee 'key'? (in the manual)
http://www.ever-solar.com/website/product/Solar_Eye/Solar_Eye_User_Manual_V1.1_EN.pdf
Page 10
Use figures/images in manual to find most buttons, displays, etc.
4.2.2 Set Up Wireless Connection
1) Press the key of Solar Bee under normal working state for 15 seconds, until LED of Solar
Bee flashes, which indicates Solar Bee has been into connection state.
2) Press “right” key of Solar Eye to go into connection state as Fig 4-8. At this time, the
channel Solar Bee stays in will show on top left corner on Solar Eye, and press “left” & “right”
key to choose channels Solar Bee stays in. For example, icon indicates Solar Bee stays
in channel 1.
##Answer: On the front of the Solar Bee, the little orange plastic dot, just below the LED 'O'.
Holding this little flush mounted button in until,
the LED changes from very slow flashing to much faster flashing.
(It's very noticable when it changes, even under sunlight)
On the Solar Eye, hold down the right arrow button until
the wireless setup screen displays. (~5secs)
Press the left arrow once for channel one,
(you can try different channels with left and right arrows)
press the enter button (round button) to begin connection attempt.
WAIT for the display to go back (automatically),
to the main info screen (default display).
If all is well, you will see inverter output values displayed - great - finished.
If nothing is displayed, another connection attempt is needed - go back to ##.
Same setup in...
http://www.ever-solar.com/website/product/Solar_Eye/Solar_Eye_Quick_Installation_Guide_V1.0.pdf
back page
Hope this helps you or others, save some time and frustration.

Reply to ever solar in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net