Discuss Evolution + 10 Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Berneray

Have any of the installers on here come across companies offering these panels:

Evo+10 · Evolution + 10

The salesman from a rival company claims that although they are 250 watt panels they will generate an extra 10 watts so are really 260 watt ones. And produces an annual projection based on 16 No. 260 watt panels.

As far as I can tell they are making this claim because of the 3-5% positive power tolerance, which as far as I am aware is standard for all good quality panels such as REC, Solarworld, LG ect.

For me there are some things wrong with the website.

For a start there are no contact details. No head office address, no phone number. This contravenes consumer protection legislation relating to websites in the UK. All have to have Head Office contact details.

Second they are making all these claims but there is no data sheet to download.

Third they are claiming the panels "have a design and specification created by UK engineers to suit the UK market" I'd like to see evidence to back this up. Who are these engineers and where are they based in the UK.

Looks and sound like a marketing tactic to me.....

Bet MCS / Ofgem then wont categorise it as a 4kw p system despite the 20% degradation over 25 years !!!!! Bet they don't take that into account with their projections either - we do

Reply to Evolution + 10 Panels in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer. I thought I posted this earlier but apparently not, apologies if it is a duplicate...
Replies
Views
Just a quickie to show you how to add a directory listing to the forum. N.B. If you want to skip all this and get Dan to do your listing for you...
Replies
Views
B
Evening guys... Anyone come up against a company called Project Solar. They are selling this Evolution+10 panel which the salesman is saying...
Replies
Views
sjpeat
S
Recently read a thread on the forum that I thought I'd bring to the attention of others. Hopefully it'll help cut out scamming in the industry, if...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I just stumbled across this forum and I'd very much appreciate a bit of advice from you kind and knowledgeable folk.. My wife and I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock