Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Excessive prices. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sparkdog

sparkdog sparkdog Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    C MacRae Electrical
    Has anyone else noticed that on ebay a lot of test equipment is being listed with buy it now prices which are well above the full retail price?Like Martindale proving unit £280 Megger insulation/continuity £780.

2. 1shortcircuit

1shortcircuit Guest

Ebay is Megger expensive these days (Sorry, couldn't resist ;))

I prefer to use Amazon to be honest, most items I search for turn up to be cheaper on there than ebay and the service tends to be far better too:thumbsup

3. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

I have to say that i have been looking lately cos i hate my fluke 1651 now, and i have to say that as forum sponsors i have looked on test-meter and i reckon they are a good price, and thats before you get 5% off for being a forum member :yesnod:

4. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

I've just google "proving unit" the first one to come up was http://www.pat-services.co.uk/marti...medium=ppc&utm_term=1883&utm_campaign=froogle
    £54

So fleabay is more expensive, than what we ca normally buy by looking around

5. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Why? What's wrong with it?

6. tony mc

tony mc Electrician's Arms

Same as the Fluke T5's they go for more than the new price a lot of the time!