Discuss exploding apple iPhone charger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Too many imported Chinese-made power supplies in the country. How do you think they sell things for £1.99 including postage on ebay? It's the same with exploding LED lamps. Daz

Another cause of apple gear blowing up is people charging their ipads on the iphone chargers as displayed above and not using the supplied surge protected charger that comes with the ipad.

People use their standard phone chargers to charge the ipad and have been having them explode.

My old iphone 3g S however has been sat idle for 18 months now, it has gradually swelled and swelled to the point it has burst apart, popped the screen off and forced out the main button. I will be writing to apple explaining it was my current phone that i had not used for 2 weeks after going away on holiday only to return to find it in that state, please provide a replacement free of charge.

I planned on selling that phone for the £100 or so it was worth, so i fully plan on getting something back for it seeing as it decided to spontaneously explode itself.

Another cause of apple gear blowing up is people charging their ipads on the iphone chargers as displayed above and not using the supplied surge protected charger that comes with the ipad.

People use their standard phone chargers to charge the ipad and have been having them explode.

My old iphone 3g S however has been sat idle for 18 months now, it has gradually swelled and swelled to the point it has burst apart, popped the screen off and forced out the main button. I will be writing to apple explaining it was my current phone that i had not used for 2 weeks after going away on holiday only to return to find it in that state, please provide a replacement free of charge.

I planned on selling that phone for the £100 or so it was worth, so i fully plan on getting something back for it seeing as it decided to spontaneously explode itself.

Yeah I had a 3G that burst too, lithium battery's explode with water, a diver unc lipped a dive lamp and it blew his top lip off!

designed in California, assembled/manufactured in china.

that charger looked pretty epic! just gonna go make sure all mine are ok. back in a mo boys...

ahh thats crabtree for you....jus playing. what a mess! looks like ill be on at the wife even more now to unplug that flamin (in every sense apparently) charger!

Hopefully the charger standardisation* will help this situation where everyone will end up one quality charger as opposed to several poorly made ones. Although I herd apple were not opting into the scheme

*Or 'evil euro conspiracy' if you read the daily mail

Hopefully the charger standardisation* will help this situation where everyone will end up one quality charger as opposed to several poorly made ones. Although I herd apple were not opting into the scheme

*Or 'evil euro conspiracy' if you read the daily mail

Well YEA Apple have made their money being different / elite thats why idiots buy them lol

It's not the charger's fault, the socket is too close to the centre of the Earth and magnetic forces have taken over.

I saw this the other day. My mum told me the son of someone she knew had a socket explode, to which I replied WTF! Owning an iPhone 5 and my mum owns an iPad I was keen to figure out what happened. I looked at both the plugtop that came with the iPad and the plugtop that came with the iPhone 5. They have different fuses. They require different amounts of power. The iPad should not be charged using the iPhone 5 plugtop. The iPhone 5 plugtop has a 1a fuse in it, the iPad plugtop has a 2.5a fuse in it. So on this occasion the lad had tried to charge up is iPad through the night and got rudely awoken!

Last edited:

Reply to exploding apple iPhone charger in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock