Discuss extending a cooker circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kellogs64

hi all
quick question,cooker switch is behind the cooker,can i through crip it to extend it,cover it with a blanking plate then come out left or right off it to re position the switch in a safe zone.no rcd there on a tight budget ?#

many thanks for your help

this site is here to help,if your worried about your work do a better job or dont comment then you wont have to worry

hi all
quick question,cooker switch is behind the cooker,can i through crip it to extend it Depending on the size of the cable you may find it difficult to 1) pick up off the shelf the crimps 2) have a crimper that will deal with the crimps, if 6mm you will be lucky if 10mm not so

,cover it with a blanking plate then come out left or right off it to re position the switch in a safe zone.If you are intending burying the cable your extending then

no rcd You may find you have to provide an RCD for it unless you decide to give it additional protection other than with an RCD

there on a tight budget ?#

many thanks for your help

Again I assume you know that any work in a kitchen that entails adding to the existing circuit if your in England and Wales needs to be registered to Part P of the building regulations

its a job for my nan,comet refused to fit cooker as the switch is directly behind the cooker.additional protection,do you mean metle capping earthed

its a job for my nan,comet refused to fit cooker as the switch is directly behind the cooker.additional protection,do you mean metle capping earthed
What did you learn on your 2330?

What is additional protection?

Will metal capping provide additional protection?

I'd be questioning why Comet refused to connect a cooker on an existing installation.

we all know college aint worth alot,theres no training like on the job training and advice from people that know what there doing and all positive advice is recieved gratfully.
and to add insult to injury i just passed my lvl 3 and the new 17th edition

Comet may have refused to connect the new cooker as I don't think they can hard wire equipment as such, they normally charge you for the pleasure and get a contractor in.

They also may have felt that having no RCD protection would go against the manufacturers instructions as most cookers now want that RCD protection

Your wrong as in this case ..................I'll get my gun

There is no need for additional protection for a cooker circuit unless as I posted your bury the cable, but as you have done your 17th you will know what reg 510.3 will say regarding manufactures instructions.

As I said it may have been why they refused to connect it, because the manufacture may have wanted RCD protection

I know years ago Curry's would not fit a cooker if the efli was to high for the expected cpd, so people with TT and too high a reading had to get their own sparks to sort it out. The chap came in plugged tester in and left the cooker .

Reply to extending a cooker circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock