Discuss Extending cables for assessment. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

spraymate1

Hi all. got my first elecsa assessment in a few weeks. doing a cu change for it, but was wondering what the best way to extend some of the cable going into the board would be, I was going to thru crimp inside the cu, would that be ok for the assessment. thanks

i used to crimp all the time till the manufacturers info was high lighted on here so i checked it out most crimp manufacturers state crimps are only suitable for stranded wire , so now i use wagos quicker to , if the Consumer unit is to high then i will use an adaptable box clip on wago connectors and extend the tails to the board new location , ther is a pic of one ive done on here some where

nickblake
Dont show it,why instill self doubt in him
icon7.png

I use wago's or helacons. If they are too short to reach the CU, i buy an enclosure and run them into that then extend to CU, if there are a lot of circuits to extend then i use a bit of DIN rail in the enclosure to keep it all nice and tidy, and easy next test etc. Elecsa bloke will be fine as long what and how you do it is compliant, and as far as i am aware crimping is. Just make sure that you get them all fully terminated, no exposed conductors and the like.

Cheers.........Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for the replies, there will be 1 ring, 1 radial and 2 lighting circuits that will need extending, do you think that would be to much to extend in the cu, and if i went down the adaptable box route, would you use stuffers to allow entry into it.

before thinking of extending, is it possible to fit the new board higher/lower to suit the cables? you may have to dig the cables out a bit.

Reply to Extending cables for assessment. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net