Discuss Extent of installation covered.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

leep82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Recently been pulled up by the QS for the company i am subbing to regarding a few issues with my test sheets. Theres nothing major and most of it is just mis entered information as its the first time i have personally used the niceic online software so only just getting tongrips with it. One thing i was pulled on as you might guess from the thread title was what i entered in the ' extent of installation covered by this certificate '.

The certificate in question was for a number of new circuits to an existing installation, ring final circuits, radials feeding fcu's for various equipment etc etc. In the past for a company i used to work direct to, quite often i would fill this section in with somthing along the lines of ' circuits as described on attached schedule of circuit details and schedule of test results ', and the QS would be happy.

I can only assume that the QS in question now isnt happy with this and requires more detail, but how much is enough and what is not enough? Its only a small section and when installing multiple circuits such as in this example surely its not practicle to list every new circuit. By referring to the attached schedules i would hope that anybody who views the certificate in the future or if there were any problems with other parts of the installation it would be clear as to what i actually worked on.

Just put what you've carried out
Such as new ring final circuit to ground floor sockets etc or wherever it covers
New radial circuits for .........
New consumer unit (if applicable)
Installed Main Protective bonding conductors to gas/water.

Just a brief but clear description

I suppose its all open to interpretation. If i had only installed one new circuit i would state that this circuit was the extent of installation covered. However ( and i think what i have been doing came from my course tutor when i did my 2391) , i dont see much wrong with how i fill this section in. All the circuits along with the relevant information are documented later in the certificate.

Agree ... I reckon without examples of what would be satisfactory the QS is not being helpful.

Reply to Extent of installation covered.... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock