Discuss External Bell Box Not Sounding in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wroenaldinho

Hi All

I moved into a new property last year which was fitted with an accenta g3 house alarm however the previous owner damaged the panel and it was on tamper lockout.

I went online and made a few enquiries before purchasing the accenta g4 panel and lcd keypad.

I took photos of the old panel and copied the wiring on both the new keypad and panel. Everything seemed to work including the bell box. However i went to set and test the alarm the other day and when i set it off i noticed the siren going off at the keypad and the strobe flashing on the bell box but there was no bell.

What could be wrong? I've checked fuses visually and through a multimeter etc and all seem to be working and power is obviously going to the bell box as it as a comfort led on all the time and strobes when set off.

Links to my panel and bell box wiring is below.

20160901_123133.jpg

20160901_123139.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByggzU1xQAkFMDJuZkQyZFNSSE0/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

your first check is to clip meter ( set on dcvolts) across bell + and trig, then activate bell test. if you get 12V then the problem is in the external sounder.

your first check is to clip meter ( set on dcvolts) across bell + and trig, then activate bell test. if you get 12V then the problem is in the external sounder.

Thanks.

So i test using multimeter the red and the blue wire under alarm conditions. Does it have to be done at the bell box or can i do it on the panel?

Thanks again

at the panel first. then if you get 12V there, then see if you get 12V at the matching colours at the ext. siren.

at the panel first. then if you get 12V there, then see if you get 12V at the matching colours at the ext. siren.

Thanks.

I've checked these points using a multimeter and set the alarm keypad to test bell.

At the panel it came back as 11.67v and at the bell box around 11.86v.

This was with the mains power turned off to the panel and just in the backup battery.

Without alarm conditions they read just shy of 2volts.

Will i require a new bell box or Could it be something else?

Thanks again

it looks like you need a new ext. sounder unit. you can pick a decent 120dB one for about £30.

it looks like you need a new ext. sounder unit. you can pick a decent 120dB one for about £30.

Cheers.

Looks like i'll just have to purchase a new bell box. Honeywell AG8 i think.

Thanks Again

a lot of electrical wholesalers sell alarm gear. i'd buy there if i were you.

Reply to External Bell Box Not Sounding in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net