Discuss External Hot Tub Circuit on TN-C-S supply help advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

One particular link seems to go for TT'ing it :willy_nilly: But don't listen to me, cos I'm no expert on this subject.

Swimming pools: to bond or not to bond? - IET Electrical

I have writtern a few times regarding wiring hot tubs to PME as above 'Hot Tub Help'. I would never connect to a PME supply but the choice is yours. Things which need to be taken in to consideration being locality, ie is PME derived from overhead lines etc. Due to my location i always use TT and use earth tape as oppossed to earth rod as i find i can get a far better earth value than with rods. I often read how the supply neutral never goes open ?. i have seen several over the years both open and high resistance. Also i have come across neutral connection in hot tub being soldered very poorly again giving high resistance joints. How far away is the nearest spike point as this can make the difference in potential between true earth and PME earthing conductor. As i say the choice is yours but after installing a good number of hot tubs over the years and inspection being carried out by the NICEIC on there yearly inspection, they have never ever said to me, you should have used the PME earth ?.

As i say the choice is yours but after installing a good number of hot tubs over the years and inspection being carried out by the NICEIC on there yearly inspection, they have never ever said to me, you should have used the PME earth ?.
You were doing so well to convince everyone, until that last sentence. :ihih:

I can't remember exactly what it says, but in my opinion it needs to be clarified and made more than just a minor note (but then that can be said of a lot of 7671)

All I can say is that you cannot quote a current in kW, current is measured in Amps and power in Watts.

The water may well be heated via class one heaters, but those heaters won't be exposed to touch if it is a class two construction and the water itself is not a very good conductor

Hi Dave

Yes i agree it is a little vague, although it is dealt with in the various guidance documents.

Maybe i should of worded it better, 10 kW of connected load giving a resultant diverted neutral current.

Cheers

Reply to External Hot Tub Circuit on TN-C-S supply help advice please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock