Discuss Facebook in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

BigSi

-
Reaction score
Was having a chat with another guy today (makes a change from having a chat with myself!), about his ‘follow us on facebook’ stickers on his van. He said that he has had a lot of work via facebook from friends, friends of friends, etc, seeing his profile when it’s updated and remembering it when they next need a sparky.

Was just wondering how many of you have your own business facebook page, and does it get you work?

I've seen a few vans floating about with a 'LIKE US' on facebook logo, looks stupid IMO.

If you're normal and have a normal friends list on facebook, not 10,000 - so people you actually know, then they should know you're an electrician.

As for friends of friends seeing it - i doubt it, although i stand to be corrected. Most people will get there 'diy-dave' husbands to do it, ask a friend in person, use the yellowpages or find it through a tradesman website.

I have FB stickers on my van as I also advertise on facebook via selling sites which have thousands of members I have had a few jobs off there only small time ones though I also have a page on there with pictures of recent work so people can look and see a bit more about my business than stickers on a van,

I have FB stickers on my van as I also advertise on facebook via selling sites which have thousands of members I have had a few jobs off there only small time ones though I also have a page on there with pictures of recent work so people can look and see a bit more about my business than stickers on a van,

Suppose it makes sense in a way that, cheaper than a website.

Still, im stuck in my ways and cba with a facebook page :)

My misses did an ad for me on her face book (same as markc123 was not interested) but I have had some work out of it, was quite surprised how many people do respect our trade now and dont want there uncle wiring ****

Just additional advertising I suppose, really need to sort a website I also have had work off gumtree (and its a free add) :wink_smile:

I've had about 10 jobs from my fb page, most from friends but there have been a few people contact me and said they had seen a friend like my page. It does work but can be few and far between.

www.meadelectricalservices.co.uk

Don't link a business Facebook page to your personal page as they may see you laying in a hedge after Friday nights beer session, I have a Facebook electrical page. The more the better, lets everyone know your out there!

I spent a couple of hours doing mine - waste of time, it probably doesnt help when my mates keep posting obscene jokes on there

I spent a couple of hours doing mine - waste of time, it probably doesnt help when my mates keep posting obscene jokes on there

Cant really call them mates then... You dont do that on a mates business site, just their personal one..

Couldn't really get involved in a site where most people just talk mindless Bol...cks all day and share such mindless rubbish such as a picture of what they had for tea.

Enough Internet cr.p around without me adding to it.

Plus last thing I want is family and their so called friends expecting work for free.

Just finished work its Saturday grumpy!!!

I don't have a problem with Facebook at all. Lots of my ex-work friends and overseas family/old friends have traced me through FB and without it I would probably have no contact with them. I agree that it can be wrongly used to gossip and cause trouble between married couples maybe but if used correctly it can be great. I know that lost dogs and cats have been re-united because of FB so that's good enough for me! Small businesses that advertise on there seem to do well too. :cheesy:

Reply to Facebook in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock