Discuss Fan isolator in separate room. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Been to look at job today to wire lights and a fan in three separate shower cubicles on a campsite. Each of the cubicles will have a separate internal shower enclosure, toilet and hand basin. The lights/fan will be controlled by pir which activates as someone enters the room.
I want to fit fan isolator for each of the 3 cubicles. There is a small plant room where DB will be and was thinking of placing lockable isolation switch’s in there. Is there a maximum distance that isolation switches can be placed. I would normally put them outside the bathroom door. But in this instance outside the door is literally outside . I could have a pull cord isolator in the ceiling of each cubicle but would prefer to keep all the cubicles free of switches/ isolator if possible. One of the cubicles will be adjacent to the plant room. The second one will be 4 metres from plant room and the third one will be 7 meters.

Thank you

The users would not be expected to make use of the fan isolation switches
Any operation would I assume be by maintenance personel only, siting them in the Plant room would seem to be the sensible action
As far as I know,local isolation is all that is expected and local in your circumstances is as near or far as what you decide

Can't see the problem, providing they are labelled clearly and are capable of being locked off.

Reply to Fan isolator in separate room. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Customer has an extractor fan that’s inside the shower cubicle high up on the wall. The extractor fan has no form of isolation and is wired...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
i am wiring up a new en-suite: it is about 1.7m square, shower cubicle in one corner, toilet in other, door between, basin next to shower. I will...
Replies
Views
i have a toilet compartment and a separate adjacent shower room and i am fitting one remote extract fan, via a Y splitter to ventilate both rooms...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for some advice for adding a time delay on my parent's shower room fan. My parents had a section of their garage converted into a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock