Discuss Fan switch in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

eds54

Hi all
Can i put a fan isolation switch in a bathroom 2m from the bath and sink and above the height of the door. I should look it up but i thought i would ask you guys
Cheers

I could but there is already a pull cord switch for the lights and another one would look messy but if thats what its got to be so be it

Hi all
Can i put a fan isolation switch in a bathroom 2m from the bath and sink and above the height of the door. I should look it up but i thought i would ask you guys
Cheers

The reg's say 0.6m out to the side/front & 2.25m above the bath. However, a pull cord is the way to go for me. Locating any switch above the height of a door automatically renders it inaccessible to me. How will you operate the switch in an emergency?

The reg's say 0.6m out to the side/front & 2.25m above the bath. However, a pull cord is the way to go for me. Locating any switch above the height of a door automatically renders it inaccessible to me. How will you operate the switch in an emergency?

Poke it with the netty brush. ;)

Only problem I see that raises debate to me is that even though outside the zones an isolator switch usually does not have an ingress protection against liquid. I have fitted inside bathrooms lamp plate switches before; but one could argue it's not in line with bs7671 522 - if they were punctilious - and on an open forum they usually are :)

Only problem I see that raises debate to me is that even though outside the zones an isolator switch usually does not have an ingress protection against liquid. I have fitted inside bathrooms lamp plate switches before; but one could argue it's not in line with bs7671 522 - if they were punctilious - and on an open forum they usually are :)

I wouldn't bat an eyelid installing a light switch, fan switch, or whatever in a bathroom using commonsense to guide me!! But i can't be arsed arguing with the blinkered mass on here, that think bathroom installations are sacred places where electrical functional ability has no place!! lol!!

LOL, it's not just on here. E54. They get flagged on PIRs (not by me) and even BC sometimes ask questions. As stated, I have put them in but to save arguments re "fit for environment" I dont suggest or imply to the customer that I can. IE I assume its going to be outside or a pull cord.
Regards, David

Reply to Fan switch in bathroom in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net