Discuss Fat man gets electrocuted! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Any of you watched the documentary 'Charged' with 2400 volts: Celeb chef Eduardo Garcia recovers from near-death.

Superb watch this if anyone gets round to watching it.

Working away the other day and Customer's Daughter was having a look over my shoulder. Is that dangerous? (she asked) No, it's off (I say, holding up the tester). "I think I'm immune to electric shock anyway (she says !). I changed a fuse and put the plug back in the wall without the top and only got a tingle." On further questioning she had burns on her fingers and her arm went numb for an hour. There was no RCD at the time ...

best one i have to tell is on a job just before christmas, the guy was telling me that his lights in the garage had stopped and he had tried to fix it but couldnt, he then proceeds to pick up the exposed cable touching live and earth, to say he jerked a bit and swore was an understatement. fault was a loose neutral back in the loft feeding it.

this is quite a good example of arcing when something goes wrong!
Worst I heard was the cities electrical power and heating plant the BIL worked in Poland, generators where meant to have been shut down sparks working on the equipment basically took a hit at such a high voltage it cooked him from the inside out, tragic.

Be careful.

Reply to Fat man gets electrocuted! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock