Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Fault finding in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gavinellison

Gavinellison New EF Member

Identify the tests that would be carried out to locate each of the following faults, as reported by the client.
    a.A circuit breaker keeps tripping, as soon as it is reset, which is protecting a socket-outlet circuit.
    b. RCD on the outside lighting circuit trips frequently, even though the outside lights are not in operation.
    c. Main protective bonding conductor is damaged near to the 'stopcock'. The conductor is partly concealed in the fabric of the building.

2. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member Admin

May I ask why you are asking this question? It looks to me like it is for some form of test or college course. The general rule of the forum is that the guys will not answer such questions directly. If you post up your thoughts on the answers then the members will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Also if you are on a college course we have a dedicated trainee section were you could apply to access.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marvo

Marvo Admin and gender confused Staff Member Admin

Welcome to the forum.

We have a free trainee sub forum where experienced guys are on hand to help trainees and apprentices. Please see here for details.

The thing with asking for answers to homework or college questions is you'll get a much better response if you post your thoughts or answers along with the questions.

**edit** Beaten to the posts by Sintra. (He types using more than one finger I suspect ;))

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  4. davesparks

davesparks Forum Mentor

The English language is a wonderful thing, it contains words such as 'please' and 'thankyou'. If you try using them in your posts then you might find you get much more helpful answers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Why don't you have a go at answering the questions yourself and members can point you in the right direction if need be. As a general rule on here no one will just give you the answer to your homework question as would be pretty pointless in helping you learn.

~Edit: Sintra and Marvo beat me to it

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator