Discuss Fault finding in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Gavinellison

Identify the tests that would be carried out to locate each of the following faults, as reported by the client.
a.A circuit breaker keeps tripping, as soon as it is reset, which is protecting a socket-outlet circuit.
b. RCD on the outside lighting circuit trips frequently, even though the outside lights are not in operation.
c. Main protective bonding conductor is damaged near to the 'stopcock'. The conductor is partly concealed in the fabric of the building.

May I ask why you are asking this question? It looks to me like it is for some form of test or college course. The general rule of the forum is that the guys will not answer such questions directly. If you post up your thoughts on the answers then the members will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Also if you are on a college course we have a dedicated trainee section were you could apply to access.

Welcome to the forum.

We have a free trainee sub forum where experienced guys are on hand to help trainees and apprentices. Please see here for details.

The thing with asking for answers to homework or college questions is you'll get a much better response if you post your thoughts or answers along with the questions.

**edit** Beaten to the posts by Sintra. (He types using more than one finger I suspect ;))

Last edited:
The English language is a wonderful thing, it contains words such as 'please' and 'thankyou'. If you try using them in your posts then you might find you get much more helpful answers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Identify the tests that would be carried out to locate each of the following faults, as reported by the client.
a.A circuit breaker keeps tripping, as soon as it is reset, which is protecting a socket-outlet circuit.
b. RCD on the outside lighting circuit trips frequently, even though the outside lights are not in operation.
c. Main protective bonding conductor is damaged near to the 'stopcock'. The conductor is partly concealed in the fabric of the building.

Why don't you have a go at answering the questions yourself and members can point you in the right direction if need be. As a general rule on here no one will just give you the answer to your homework question as would be pretty pointless in helping you learn.

~Edit: Sintra and Marvo beat me to it

Last edited:

Reply to Fault finding in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock