Discuss Fault has stumped me!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Boydy - i may've mentioned it in my original post but there is an RCBO board that feeds several submains (i thought thats what they are called - they don't have their own DNO fuse if that's what you are asking )around the common parts of a large block of flats.

I rewired that one light so it is on the correct switched live , neutral and earth now.

The place is a total wiring mess!!!

Haha good question. Not sure. Still have to replace 6 lights then i'll check. They had a non-existent IP rating so had to be done anyway. I'll let u know monday. For once i have sat AND sun off and i plan to put work woes out of my mind for 60 hours!

Ps whoever suggested clamp meter for earth leakage cheers. I'm gonna do that too.

Its all wired in the same size for cpc and neutral so N to CPC short no problem right?! JOKE

Reply to Fault has stumped me!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a client with what appears to be an intermitent fault on the lighting, but trips the power. The installation has a 16th edition board with...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
During some testing I found a N-E IR fault on the kitchen lights of 0.1Mohms. I also found a N-E IR fault on the ring sockets, again 0.1Mohms...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm not an electrician, more one of those 'competent DIYers', so probably the worst kind :) My electric shower broke, the shower firm came...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock