Discuss Fault with AEG oven/hob in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Stapes

Gents, I wonder if I could get your advice...

I live in a five year old block of apartments and all of a sudden a few days ago, the in-built AEG Complement oven stopped working (i.e., no power was being supplied to it as indicated by the lack of digital clock). At the same time, the separate electric hob (affixed to the granite above the oven) also stopped working. I could be wrong but I would have thought that these two items are not directly connected?

The electricity that supplies the rest of the flat is working perfectly, and no switches have tripped in the fuse box, nor anywhere accessible at the wall. Any ideas as to what i can do?

Many thanks in advance!

They are identified on the fuseboard as 'Cooker/Hob'. I didn't knowingly nudge anything as it was working one evening then it wasn't the following morning. Is this something that a professional needs to look into? If so, do you know of any websites that can help me find a trusted electrician local to Battersea?

In that case then yes i know where it is (alongside switches for the extractor, dishwasher, etc) and no it hasn't been switched off!

Reply to Fault with AEG oven/hob in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hi Our oven stopped working suddenly including the clock. It was on the fan oven setting at about 150 degrees. I checked the fuse board - it had...
Replies
Views
A friend's partner has an interesting fault, if it is a fault. She sets the shut down timer on the cooker and when the timer goes off (which in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Was wondering if anyone has come across this before and could maybe help - Its a new one to me! Customer recently altered layout of...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock