Discuss Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Dual rcd board , new shower just fitted ,when shower is turned on it takes out rcd for that side and water heater breaker on other rcd side??? Doesn't happen straight away so would say neutrals ain't crossed ? Any idideas more info to follow, I lent the jerk test gear and said start from the start...

Last edited:
often its damp issues that will take out an RCD after a short duration of holding...

- - - Updated - - -

i suppose he didn`t bother to IR test the existing cable before fitting shower eh?
same old story...

a water heater ?
an old water heater with a corroded element , insulation breaking down , slowly leaking voltage to earth ........*

*hint.
;-)

I know he didn't test circuit before , it's the younger brother... I don't know if I worded in English , turns shower on, it runs then takes rcd out and the water heater breaker on other side...

Il get scoot round if he doesn't sort it tomorrow...

Just had a similar thing on a board change myself, in fact i posted a picture on the "show us your faults" thread.
It turned out to be a nicked wire in a socket touching (just) the earth terminal in the socket.
However IR testing didnt make it show.
Before resolving it, if I energised the other RFC, on the other RCD it would trip this RCD..??
Also turning the oven on tripped the RCD..
I thin there are some other issues at the house, which are acting cumulatively, however the bare wire seemed to be the overriding factor. Since that has been resolved everything is now stable..!

Reply to Fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all I don't appear to be able to post in the DIY forum so apologies if this is the wrong place. I live in a block of flats with an external...
Replies
Views
Hi All Let me start by saying I have my 2365 level 3 but never worked in the industry so my knowledge is limited. My partner and I recently...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've got both a solar pv and an ashp system. The solar system also has 2 batteries and it's configured to fill the batteries first and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, Firstly, I'm aware other people have posted similar topics on this forum, I'm not trying to create a duplicate, but more looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm newly registered having read the boards from the shadows for a while. I have a question about neutral to earth faults and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock