Discuss Faulty outside lights with PIR in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

@TonyJohnson is the PIR standalone or part of the fitting? Are they Floodlights?

If Floodlights I would always fit a standalone PIR rather than one integrated in the fitting - have found even with well known brands (Timeguard, Ansell, Aurora/Enlite) the PIR on the fittings is shyte.

This is what I got in mind;
Faulty outside lights with PIR {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Not sure about the colour. Damn wrong thread. Whatever.
YUK. anorexic fodder. this is Food.

Faulty outside lights with PIR {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Wow this threads gone way off! From 3 faulty lights to Chilli!

Do you know what goes in your Tournedos' Rossini, when some arse has drunk all the Madeira

I blame it on that thing Sparkychick was on about.

What??? :confused::D:eek:

If it's chilli, I did chilli the other night was out of a jar without beans as my house mate hates red kidney beans. Asda's no beans chilli... as a side dip for nachos and then as main course with rice... was yummy :D

What??? :confused::D:eek:

If it's chilli, I did chilli the other night was out of a jar without beans as my house mate hates red kidney beans. Asda's no beans chilli... as a side dip for nachos and then as main course with rice... was yummy :D

Ya can't beat a good chilli, with or without beans. I normally use a J. Oliver recipe, which uses pulsed up sun dried tomatoes, along with everything else. :)

@TonyJohnson is the PIR standalone or part of the fitting? Are they Floodlights?

If Floodlights I would always fit a standalone PIR rather than one integrated in the fitting - have found even with well known brands (Timeguard, Ansell, Aurora/Enlite) the PIR on the fittings is shyte.
This tends to be the problem from what I've heard. NET LED came and showed us how their floods have separate PIR's that screw into the bottom so they can be easily replaced. They said they found in their failure rates that it was 99% of the time the PIR that had failed and not the flood.

LED Slimline Flood Lights with optional PIR and Photocell - http://www.netledlighting.co.uk/led-lighting/led-slimline-flood-lights/

I have seen this becoming more common with the manufacturers these days. But the only other company I can think definitely do them as well is the Timeguard Pro Range.

Best Chilli I EVER had was in Ottawa, the French Canadian area, the, can't remember the area, but they all spoke like J.C Van Damn, don't know what was in it, how it was cooked, just remember the slow burn in the nether regions, what a brilliant Chilli and Night that was. Can't recall getting back to the Hotel, Best night ever, brilliant people and food, and of course for Tel's sake Beer , no hangover, or shyites, just a warm glow of a good night.

Reply to Faulty outside lights with PIR in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock