Discuss Federation of Master Builders in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all

The federation of master builders have been enquiring for me to join them. I was just wondering if anyone else has joined up and if it has been a worthwhile body to be a part of.
Are you sure it was The Federation of "master builders"

join if you want, but don't be surprised when customers phone you up to re-point their chimney stack.

:)

Yes it was the FMB I even asked him if he was sure it made sense for an electrical contractor to join and he rambled about the benefits blah blah blah.

I found it a strange one. Just wanted to see generally what all your thoughts were

It'll just be yet another fee to pay for the odd person to phone up looking bannisters put on their stairs etc

I joined the FMB about 17 years ago as I was also carrying out other building trades. I was a memeber for a couple of years or so. It was a complete waste of time and money for small independent traders and seemed to focus more on middle and large sized companies. The regular newsletters they sent me often showed them hosting award ceremonies and swanky diner events up town with invites to the next one at extortionate prices. I had the FMB stickers on my van yet never had any work as a result of it. They keep trying to get me to rejoin. Think they had a stand at Elex the other day. Complete waste of money in my opinion unless you like looking at pictures of p*****d up builders at black tie events.

Reply to Federation of Master Builders in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock