Discuss Female electricians, for better or for worse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I make tea how I like it.
My daughter prefers less milk, so she no longer allows me to make her tea.
She also won’t allow me to wash up, because I splash water on her wooden work surfaces.
Why do people have wooden work surfaces?

She also won’t allow me to wash up, because I splash water on her wooden work surfaces.
Why do people have wooden work surfaces

I like washing up. It's relaxing.
Isn't the wooden work surface waterproof? If not then why is it a work surface?....

It’s wood, it needs to be treated every so often, during which you can’t use it.
Apparently water washes away the treatment?

Joiners I have worked with recommend light sanding and oiling them every month for the first two years to build up a water resistance.

It’s wood, it needs to be treated every so often, during which you can’t use it.
Apparently water washes away the treatment?

Joiners I have worked with recommend light sanding and oiling them every month for the first two years to build up a water resistance.

You learn something new each day.
Hats off to the people who designed something you can't use and yet can sell to people silly enough to buy it... :tearsofjoy:

Like a house made out of wood?

And boats lol.

Exactly... Both made out of treated wood and both functional from the start. Not "Buy this boat and oil it for 2 years to get it up to scratch"
Anyhow I'm taking this thread off course..... Soz.

We had a female on the shop floor and then moved into the office. Had no problems with her.
At my old works, some of the females were great and some were whinge buckets..... as were some of the men...

Exactly... Both made out of treated wood and both functional from the start. Not "Buy this boat and oil it for 2 years to get it up to scratch"
Anyhow I'm taking this thread off course..... Soz.

The wood tops I have seen are usually treated with multiple coats before they go in, but they have to be regularly maintained.

Once had a customer that had a £7k granite worktop installed in a new kitchen, then the worktop was littered with small pieces of matching granite on top of it.
"They are the worktop savers as if you put anything metal on the worktop it will scratch" the customer explained. Just......bonkers.

let's face it. most females ( and by that i mean >50% of the female population) ain't got a clue how t0 wire a plug, and would use a shoe to knock a nail in the wall for a picture. for those who have a technical bent, then as long as they are competent to pursue their chosen trade/career, then good luck to them. there's a lot of predudice against them, so for those who have made it, then good for you. ( andbtw, isuse these to trim broken nails, toenails as well, also clip the dogs' claws. occasionally used fro cutting.stripping cat5 ans alarm cables).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000IBS...t=&hvlocphy=9046457&hvtargid=pla-435531736464

When I was doing a course at college I noticed in the different trades there were several women in plumbing and carpentry but not one doing electrical.

Ethnically, in my group (17th Edition) I was the only guy who had English as a home language and even the teacher was foreign.

On the evening of the exam, one guy brought his wife and asked if she could translate for him. They obviously said no.

I can't even see a question .....

You're begging the question?
Definition : forum, noun [ C ] (INTERNET) a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time: Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world.

the oracle has spoken:
BENIDORM_EP3_41-630x415.jpg

Discussion forums are a way of contacting people with similar interests from all over the world

This has to be wrong.... I can't remember anyone mentioning cheese cake in any of the post...

wtf has cheesecake got to do with the thread?
unless it's this:

upload_2018-9-25_12-30-31.jpeg

You see it's our subconscious preconceptions of women that are the problem. We have the best intentions but the subject keeps drifting back to tea making, kitchens, worktops, cakes etc

Reply to Female electricians, for better or for worse? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net