Discuss Few questions for an electrical installation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Now now let us not forget that the blurb to the forum is Free electrical advice and that is what we are doing here, no need to rip the guy a new whatsitcalled is there.

"Gain free Electrical Advice from the UK's friendliest electrical advice website, Electricians Forums. Where Professional, DIY and Auto Electricians Talk and share advice and help each other out"
So surely let us act in the spirit of that no? Don't worry about me I'm thick skinned!
i agree with your sentiments, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. like, should we advise a DIYer to tackle jobs beyond his/her skill level, where lack of knowledge and/or appropriate test equipment may be lacking? how far do we go doing ourselves out of work?

Yep I agree it is a fine line to judge @telectrix I am very wary of giving advice where it may lead to harm because the person is clearly not capable of the task they are trying to undertake. I think in this case it is purportedly being overseen by a competent person (I guess??) But yeh you are right about doing ourselves out of work. But I still dont think we have to be unkind with it. It seems in this thread and others there is usually a common consensus of not handing on a plate and sage advice as to when the OP needs to get help.

Part P was started to stop unqualified people during Electrical work, but this has not worked, just cost us sparkies extra costs. Would I check & sign off other peoples work for 350 pounds cash, perhaps.

Reply to Few questions for an electrical installation in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net