Discuss Fiesta st500 fan problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
got an mk6 fiesta st500
And radiator fan won’t work
Put power direct to it and it runs fine
Fuses are fine but can’t find relay?
Changed temp sensor
There’s a resistor in bottom of fan shroud this fell apart
Does this stop the fan working or does it control the speed? And it’s really expensive
Help really appreciated

Where did you stick in the power directly to it? Before or after the Resistor pack? Usually the resistor pack just controls fan speed but there is a chance that if the fan is required the speed that the ECU is calling for is goosed because the resistor pack is shot.
Is the car actually getting hot enough to require the fan to be running? Is the car overheating at all because the fan isn’t running?

Also be careful where you are applying 12v power. You may do some damage as some of the wires are lower voltage signal wires .
Forgive me if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

Hi,bud,not really the place for this kind of an issue,but....

The resistor at the bottom,will possibly be the heater blower speed resistor,or other sensor.

The cooling fan,may have a separate relay(s) or may be directly controlled via the ecu or specific ecu.

Have you checked if the fan has it's own fusing? This should be listed,and is the first place to start.

Without much more detail,it is not possible to guess,but sometimes the temperature senders do not only perform one task.

Just had a quick google,for what it's worth,can't see a listed fuse but R5 is the listed relay,on .a version of the Mk6

Last edited:

Reply to Fiesta st500 fan problems in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net