Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Fike twinflex fire alarm install in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Bradley Kemp

Bradley Kemp SussexSparks

hi guys

I’ve just installed a Fike twinflex, last fire system I done was a few years ago now. And I didn’t need a laptop to Commission, I’ve just finshed it all and ready to Commission but the manual says I need a laptop with File software is this right??? I don’t really want to do another fire system as I found it hard work on my own. I really don’t want to buy the software either (tight arse I know)

Any help on the horizon would be great

Thanks fellow sparks

2. freddo

freddo Regular EF Member

We sometimes fit these, the software part has always been optional to speed up installation. What is the model? I hate the twinflex pro panel as you have to program it slowly or it gets confused if you push the buttons too fast!

3. Bradley Kemp

I’m not a great fan either it’s this one I have not got the manual on me

E407C9D8-4093-48B8-B8A5-C38C21CEE3EB.png

4. Bradley Kemp

Does this mean I don’t need to buy the software?

5. freddo

freddo Regular EF Member

Yes, no software needed. Do have a look at the manual before programming though, and the write protect switch at the top needs to be switched off when programming, then back on when done. Very frustrating these panels.
    I think this was the last one I did. 20170706_190619.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

I see a huge difference between these two pics. #5 very well installed, #3 cables not glanded and contained in non flame retardant pvc trunking as I assume no further fixing within the trunking.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Bradley Kemp

There D clipped inside the trunking just not that last run you can see with the lid open the holes have fire proff sealant