Discuss Finding a decent plumber!!!!! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

I agree with what you say. The point I am trying to make is that it is good procedure to have Gas and water bond in place. We don,t advise people to check whether their pipework is extraneous or not, we always reccomend that it should be bonded.

Regards.

Who is this we you are referring to, and why do you say it is good practice to have gas and water bond in place?

If it doesn't need to be bonded then don't bond it!

People need to loose the sheep mentality of blindly following without getting their brain involved.

Hi,

I agree with what you say. The point I am trying to make is that it is good procedure to have Gas and water bond in place. We don,t advise people to check whether their pipework is extraneous or not, we always reccomend that it should be bonded.

Regards.
So if you came to my home you'd advise me to pay you to have things done which are unnecessary?
Presumably you're quite happy to charge me for this unnecessary work?
Hmmm, Matthew Allbright and Dom Littlewood would love you.

It is good procedure to prove that something is extraneous or not before telling someone that they need to have this done. There are no two ways about this.

Welcome back sir, we were just talking about you (and a few others) a couple of days ago.
Nice things of course

Thank you too Trev....Not sure I approve of nice things being said about me though ;)

Archy, I'm often watching the posts and having a chuckle...

Hi,

I have always understood from the regulations that a bonding conductor should be connected to any water installation pipes, gas installation pipes central heating etc, etc. Ok, it may be the case that these are not extraneous , but as i mentioned in an earlier post, things change over time; and yes it may be over the top, belt and braces and all that, but it is something I believe is necessary. Perhaps we don't all agree with that, but it does make life more exciting having these discussions, seeing we all interpret things in different ways.

Regards.

Regards.

Hi,
Lets put it this way, if you were doing a new build, would you put all of your wiring in place then wait to the end of the job to see if you needed to run in any bonding cables?

Regards.

No, I'd find out before I ran any cables in!
New build is likely going to be plastic incoming services with plastic internal pipes for the wet stuff these days so chances of needing bonding are somewhere between slim and none.

The only thing that will require bonding, and only as a damned peace keeping exercise, is the gas. The damned gas safe bods have got plumbers convinced that every gas meter must have a 10mm bond on it or else the apocalypse will be upon us or something.

Reply to Finding a decent plumber!!!!! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock