Discuss Fire Alarm Compatibility Question? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

-Matt

-
Reaction score
Guys firstly i don't do a whole lot with fire alarms, i do the odd basic one here and there.

When i have done systems, i always use the same manufacturer/Model throughout the system.

A mate has asked if i can add an extra sensor, sounder (preferably combined) and call point to an existing Honeywell system. There is a spare zone free in the Panel (its a 2 zone panel with just 1 zone used at the moment).

The honeywell sensors don't seem available, so is there any issue using a different manufacturer or model of sensor or sounder?

Thinking about it i can't think of a reason it won't work?

Anyone any advice on this, as to if any issues mixing manufacturers of fire alarm components?

Cheers

I would contact Honeywell for compatible devices. Must be a rudimentary layout for one zone, why utilize the spare zone?

Most automatic smoke/heat detection devices are pretty generic in their operation and the biggest issue I see is the new sounder tone not matching the existing units.

if you are considering acomb ined detector/sounder, make sure the system is designed for such. i.e. is it a 2 wire zone including sounders, like savwire?

Reply to Fire Alarm Compatibility Question? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to extend a fire alarm, the panel is a CTEC CFP 2 zone one and currently it has a couple of apollo alarm sense sounder bases/heads on...
Replies
Views
We have a domestic fire alarm system in some leasehold properties. The existing BRK alarms are no longer available in the UK. These alarms/system...
Replies
Views
On this commercial building we are refurbishing it has the above fire alarm panel which I think is pretty much brand new, I'm not even sure it was...
Replies
Views
Hi, just wondering if anyone could help me. I’ve just installed a texecom Veritas alarm in my garage at home and can’t seem to get rid of the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock