• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Fire alarm courses in the midlands in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Sb8389

-
Reaction score
hi guys,
I want to get some experience in installing fire alarm systems. Does anyone know of any courses in the midlands that do hands on training at all.

I was thinking more along the lines of different wiring systems like addressable/twin flex, just want to pick up how these systems work and how to install them.

Go to your local suppliers they should be able to hook you up with some free product training, or go on the niceic courses
Totally agree, your wholesaler will be able to get you some training, especially if you start buying someones kit, the NICEIC training courses are not up to much IME, been there done it, ask your local college about Fire alarm training, there will be courses available.

Totally agree, your wholesaler will be able to get you some training, especially if you start buying someones kit, the NICEIC training courses are not up to much IME, been there done it, ask your local college about Fire alarm training, there will be courses available.

Disagree from my experience, ive gone through wholesalers on product training and they were heavily sales pitched, i have done some o the niceic units and found them very informative, but i suppose alot is to do with which tutor you get.

Not wanting to take this thread off topic;
I have just been asked to wired a small deli/café and I suspect it will need a fire alarm and emergency lighting. I will have public seating and employed staff. A local wholesaler employs a designer for this, but do I need some one with specific qualifications to sign it off?

Our local Fire Brigade used to send an officer out who would give his recommendations and if you followed them to the letter he would issue a licence. Due to cut-backs the no longer offer this service.

Reply to Fire alarm courses in the midlands in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back