Discuss Fire Angel smoke/heat alarms ... thoughts? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Pricing up a job and as always the price of heat and smokes seems to vary with the wind... would usually use aico but decided to see whats out there.
have 2 self contained flats that need some alarms. these fire angel ones in screwfix seem reasonably priced and can be interconnected wirelessly. screwfix seem to be pushing them as its the most stocked brand these days.
They have 10 year battery and as mentioned are interconnected wirelessly which saves making holes in the ceiling to feed a 3core and earth between them.
Anybody got experience of them or had issues?

afaik, they are completely wireless so no wiring involved. got to be good.

Aico. They also do 10 year battery with wireless interlink ( but they are not cheap!).
thats why i am looking at options. i really dont want to have to try sell the wireless links to the customer for aico alarms at around 40 quid a pop. shes just had the walls and ceilings plastered and then decided to call an electrician! if only the other way around it would have made hard wiring the interconnect a doddle.

thats why i am looking at options. i really dont want to have to try sell the wireless links to the customer for aico alarms at around 40 quid a pop. shes just had the walls and ceilings plastered and then decided to call an electrician! if only the other way around it would have made hard wiring the interconnect a doddle.

do what you need to do, not your fault the customer is a few farthings short of a full purse

i love nothing more than seeing a worksheet from a particular letting agent "no trunking, no holes taken out"

needless to say i pay little attention to some suited and booted solicitor dictating how i do my job

Aico for me, but to comply with the regs for letting.
I would be tempted to try the FireAngel for other domestic though.
Quite right Elsparko, do the job your way!
Not all solicitors/letting agents are dictatorial like that...just saying:)

Aico for me, but to comply with the regs for letting.
I would be tempted to try the FireAngel for other domestic though.
Quite right Elsparko, do the job your way!
Not all solicitors/letting agents are dictatorial like that...just saying:)
managed to wire in 3 smokes and a heat with only 1 patch in a 2 storey house yesterday, laminate flooring in the top floor landing, i dont go mental with my patches either , suppose they have probably had contractors that make alot of mess

when i do use trunking it is always last resort , rights angles, nice cuts, dont know why some guys dont make an effort with pvc trunking as its always on show

the flat i stay in currently has some shoddy trunking work for the intercoms, been so tempted to rip it down and make it nice, but moving so not my problem lol

Ive used the fireangel ones, thry do a battery 10yr co det aswell which links im, if building control would accept them on a new build or extension though i dont know, dont see why not when they still last 10 yrs just like an aico etc

I use aico’s but I am the 1st to admit they look awful, especially with the wireless base.
I have had a lot of customers moan about them when they have spent a lot on downlights and you screw a big lump of plastic to the ceiling in the middle of them.
There must be a market for some nicer looking semi flush detectors?

Reply to Fire Angel smoke/heat alarms ... thoughts? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net