Discuss Fire maintenance testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Farmelectrics

-
Arms
Reaction score
Is there anyone who can help how long does it take to test smoke heads in an office enviroment ie covering them with the rod and smoke testing them a company came into are work at weekend 2 men and said they'd tested 300 heads in 2 hours now in my opinion that's not possible your thoughts please or are they just blogging it

The average panel takes 30-40 secounds to auto reset in test mode, not taking account of walking around the office, I would say to test a detector takes 2 minutes (smoke + auto reset) so 300 detecors is 600 minutes or 10 hours. It is also pointless have two men, only one detector can be tested at a time.

Thought as much didn't say anything not my place to but when he said to me we've finished I said the whole building he replied yes there was only 300 and there was two of us haha 2 hours and they were gone the same firm pat tested over 5000 items in a weekend there's some blagging going on in this maintenance world

It's a good game to be in haha it's been an eye opener seeing this firm do all sorts of maintenance fixed wire testing £8 a circuit £1 per pat test turn up with the fire testing gear do a few and blagging the rest with the attitude if something goes wrong it was all right when we tested it and he client is happy he's had a cheap job got the paper work to say its alright it's bomb proof un real I watche d them with the fixed wire testing all they done was a quick visual and do the live tests

Aye we access then do what we see fit.

One guy we worked with when ring testing he did loops and zs and on test sheet he calculated r1 and r2 by adding loops together , and no1 picked this up. So

- - - Updated - - -

Hey ho my deario

Its a shame these jack of all trade maintanence companies are poping up and giving the fire industry a bad name, We have to carry every spare going, as we can not leave premises unprotected, unlike these companies who will be back next week with a new detector. It happens quite often, we find convetional smoke detectors not working, so doing an 25% or a 100% test needs to be that and not just the odd detector in a corridor. I can see why are old customers are coming back.

Thought as much didn't say anything not my place to but when he said to me we've finished I said the whole building he replied yes there was only 300 and there was two of us haha 2 hours and they were gone the same firm pat tested over 5000 items in a weekend there's some blagging going on in this maintenance world

To be honest if you have actually seen these things going on with this contracting company, it ''IS'' your place to say something. Keeping quite only encourages these bad and potentially dangerous practices to continue.

Reply to Fire maintenance testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock