Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Fire proof cable entries and exploding glow sticks? Are they needed?? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Wes1000

Wes1000 Regular EF Member

Any thoughts on these guys (Envirograf).
    Fire rated linings for sealing cable entries to metal consumer units - Envirograf - https://envirograf.com/product/fire-rated-linings-for-sealing-cable-entries-to-metal-consumer-units/
    They seem to be promoting items that really are not needed in an install.

I’m not aware that we have to fire proof cable entries to consumer units? Also I think the selling point of the metal consumer unit insulation liner is to protect the consumer unit from becoming live if a loose cable touches it when it’s not earthed properly. Would it not be better to Earth it properly in the first place?

And as for the glow stick that bursts at 70 degrees C to put out the fire... well.. Does it disconnect the fault too?

Please tell me if I’m being a grumpy git or is this stuff useless??

• Like Like x 2
  2. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

just use red FP compression glands and blag it

3. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

It is useless and pointless

4. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Since the metal boards are pointless anyway, any addition to them to further emphasise the failure cannot be valid.

5. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - as I see it, you are correct on your first 3 points, but not about the 4th grumpy git part :) .

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

I think he is both a grumpy git and the stuff is useless.

• Funny Funny x 3