Discuss Fire rated clips - any suggestions? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I doubt it.

Using the dumb button 8 times is dumb ... but the mods think it’s a good idea to keep it - I think it causes more problems

I wasn't going to say anything but I'm sorry didn't you use the very same rating earlier today, and after you said we shouldn't have it.

These two have got a video out ...

268x0w.png

Of course I used it .... on the person who used it 8 times in 1 thread , so very justified imho
But it can't work like that can it , surely you must be able to see that.
You cannot complain constantly about the dumb rating and ask for it to be removed because in your words it causes problems and then go and use the very same rating on someone else, it doesn't matter that someone used it on you , if you truly believe it's wrong then you can't use it yourself when it suits.
Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this.

But it can't work like that can it , surely you must be able to see that.
You cannot complain constantly about the dumb rating and ask for it to be removed because in your words it causes problems and then go and use the very same rating on someone else, it doesn't matter that someone used it on you , if you truly believe it's wrong then you can't use it yourself when it suits.
Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this.

On the contrary.... I used it deliberately to prove my point.

@flex is nothing but a forum troll ..... but you staff guys think that his use of dumb is ok .

13 likes given
10 dumbs given

Since 2014

Says it all really

Sure I’ve used it more, but in the past principally aimed at @essex when he was baiting people

But you've got an answer for everything and your point is always more valid than the other guy or your reason is always more justified than the other guy it's like you're never at fault.
But I can see I'm not going to convince you that you're wrong so I'll drop out of it now because it's just going to go round and round.

On the contrary.... I used it deliberately to prove my point.

@flex is nothing but a forum troll ..... but you staff guys think that his use of dumb is ok .

13 likes given
10 dumbs given

Since 2014

Says it all really

Sure I’ve used it more, but in the past principally aimed at @essex when he was baiting people
WTF are you on about now. According to what I’ve looked at the member “flex” that you are mentioning hasn’t used dumb ever. As @GMES has already said if you are that against it you wouldn’t use it but hey ho we’ve been there before but you just can’t let it rest. Seems like you’re more of the troll than flex is.

actually there isn't a member flex

@FLICK is the one in question

and @Sintra is @FLICK one of the "accounts" the mods use to test things and generate traffic?

I really don't see why you insist on keeping it ........... other than generation of traffic

Hi - just going back to cable fixing for a tick -
We will leave it here but plasterboard is NOT a means of supporting cables.
Hi - from a practical viewpoint it is common practice to use rods to gain access for cables in otherwise inaccessible places. The cable is then attached to the rod and pulled through the void, with no further fixing within this otherwise inaccessible void. Domestically this is a common method to extend a lighting circuit for example and invariably that part of the cable run would be resting on the ceiling plasterboard and any insulation present.

If I've understood correctly, you believe this is not an acceptable installation practice and it exposes people to danger and the installer would liable to criminal prosecution in the event of future injuries?

actually there isn't a member flex

@FLICK is the one in question

and @Sintra is @FLICK one of the "accounts" the mods use to test things and generate traffic?

I really don't see why you insist on keeping it ........... other than generation of traffic
Seems like you are wrong again on both counts. There is actually a member flex flex - https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/members/flex.55454/ and member Flick has nothing to do with the mods our account for testing and training is @Testaccount and has been for some time. All this bickering between you and the staff is actually only derailing threads.

Blimey this one kicked off a bit! If I hadn't drunk 4 pints of homebrew I might have been tempted to interject. Ooh eerr sounds a bit rude, etc.........

Hi - just going back to cable fixing for a tick -

Hi - from a practical viewpoint it is common practice to use rods to gain access for cables in otherwise inaccessible places. The cable is then attached to the rod and pulled through the void, with no further fixing within this otherwise inaccessible void. Domestically this is a common method to extend a lighting circuit for example and invariably that part of the cable run would be resting on the ceiling plasterboard and any insulation present.

If I've understood correctly, you believe this is not an acceptable installation practice and it exposes people to danger and the installer would liable to criminal prosecution in the event of future injuries?

Not acceptable! You should turn the work down or pull up the customers newly tiled bathroom floor to bang a couple of clips in! :p

Errm...I'm a bit lost here...
Fire rated clips...fit them where there is a risk, a risk for which they are designed...
If pulling a cable through a void/wall results in it resting on a plasterboard ceiling then it is a risk if that ceiling is over an "exit route", but if it is above an en-suite at the gable-end, hardly a risk?

Now, if someone wants to give me a "Dumb", go ahead...disrail the thread...I won't give a monkey's!

Reply to Fire rated clips - any suggestions? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net