Discuss Fireworks in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mogga

Imagine playing with the wean n theres an almighty BANG!!!!! rushed to the front door to see what it was (sounded like fireworks landing in my garden when i looked out n heard sizzling n POPIN coming from a joint on DNO pole I called Scottishpower emergency number while neighbour called firy brigade ( they tried to get up our street but ended up on the main road due to 88888888 parking by numpties who Id already shouted at as gritter would have had problems) Fireman got out the wagon and shon light on sizzling joint while his m8 got out the hose n started showring said joint with short bursts of water ( I was like WTF are you putting water on electricity for ???????//// "Im trained this is how we do it" said mr fireman ) some nice Bangs n POPS later it was still sizzling slightly but not poping S.P. arrived about an hour n half later n after checking their drawings decided best option was to cut cable n see if it put anything out as noone had reported loss of supply IMO I wouldnt have put a ladder agains the pole as stay wire was slack n pole looked ropey any road Nothing visable went out but there was deffinetly a load on the cable all in all fun n games laster about 6 hrs n the SP guys were workin in near blizzard conditions Well done them

Reply to Fireworks in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock