Discuss First 4ft led tube failure. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am always raving about how led tubes will be much more reliable than fluorescent tubes.
My first failure has shown after only 3 months. Approx 9 inches of the tube leds extinguish for a second then relight but not repeating for long.
My question is ,"how common is this in the vast experience of our forum?

Found it with one or two, very rarely, though. It seems to
to be a faulty diode in a particular section, usually affecting the others, resulting in the section dimming variably. You're always going to get the odd fault...replace the fitting and, with confidence, hope for the best.

Why is it when you take something back to the wholesalers and ask if they had a lot of returns of said product answer is no we don't get returns. I said upfront once to a lighting rep that came to see us before we installed thousands of pounds of their lighting about failures I said don't B.S..t me as you always get a few and he had to admit usually get a few mostly drivers.

Why is it when you take something back to the wholesalers and ask if they had a lot of returns of said product answer is no we don't get returns. I said upfront once to a lighting rep that came to see us before we installed thousands of pounds of their lighting about failures I said don't B.S..t me as you always get a few and he had to admit usually get a few mostly drivers.
Any electronics can fail early, I suppose, so we as a trade will eventually know by experience how reliable led tubes are.
Thanks for your comments.

Nice interrogation technique although in this day and age it could be considered oppressive and therefore not admissible ;)

Nice interrogation technique although in this day and age it could be considered oppressive and therefore not admissible ;)
I didn't quite put it so directly as that just want people to be honest with me " yes Anthony we get a driver fail time to time and we send one out to replace it" that's what I want to hear the truth and how it gets resolved.

Reply to First 4ft led tube failure. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net