Discuss First attempt at a v.small control circuit design, /w image. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

theroadblock

Not sure if the image will come through properly so its ledgible but here goes, my first attempt at designing my own control circuit, its basically just controls a pump that is going to be feeding biocide into a tank once every 5 hrs, bearing in mind this is just the control side of it and there are still a few modifications to be made, first thoughts? constructive criticism welcome :smiley2:.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Attachments

• Proj 1. CL Bio.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
The overloads show as a fault but aren’t in the motor contactor line (2KM5).
I would also find a way of cancelling the alarm sounder. There’s nothing worse than trying to find a fault with a sounder screeching in your ear.
Other than that, well dome.

first off at first glance what is controlling the liquid level relay as it it energised all the time, it should have contacts for level sensor. Pump motor contactor needs OL in series.

Beat me again Tony

Just thought do you want a manual overide and emergency stop function??

The overloads show as a fault but aren’t in the motor contactor line (2KM5).
I would also find a way of cancelling the alarm sounder. There’s nothing worse than trying to find a fault with a sounder screeching in your ear.
Other than that, well dome.

I thought someone might mention about the overload lol, thats going on the power section page, and the OL auxilliary on this page will refrence back to the OL on the power section :p. '2S2' is going to be a keyswitch for maintenence personnel, (i know it needs a better suited symbol) lol, when switched off will turn the beacon /sounder off but leave a red Indicator on the front of the panel on for the purpose of not ****ing people off haha,

my mistake with '2S1' is meant to be labelled as '2S2'! sorry for confusion and thanks for reply :).

Made a few corrections to the original drawing, recon ive got it nearly cracked from the control point of view, thanks for the comments so far, if there is anything else dont hesitate to throw it at me :p .

first off at first glance what is controlling the liquid level relay as it it energised all the time, it should have contacts for level sensor. Pump motor contactor needs OL in series.

Beat me again Tony

Just thought do you want a manual overide and emergency stop function??

thanks for the e-stop reminder, couldve been ugly biocide spraying everywhere and no emergency switch lol!

2k3 is still constantly energised and there's no wire numbers,which would annoy me no end unless your using marked multicores,which IMO should still be labelled on the diagram.
Aside from that and the above a lovely diagram,I'd be able to fault find with that no worries.

A nice clear, easy to follow drawing although I prefer to see wire numbers as well. Most of the plant I work on is built in Germany and does not have wire numbers just terminal to terminal. If you're going to get seriously into design/drawing have a look at eplan, a very powerful bit of kit!.

Reply to First attempt at a v.small control circuit design, /w image. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net