Discuss first fix for 2x sky boxes in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dan35

Hi all , i am doing a first fix for a house at the moment and was just wondering if im correct in thinking that if there were to be 2 x sky boxes i would need to run a shotgun cable from each box to the dish position and a coax cable from same position to a booster.?
thanks in advance Dan

disagree. need emmeroids and constipation st. only time i get a bit of peace is when 'er indoors is watching the crap.

Where is the best place to terminate ALL cat5 cables from each TV within the house?
Depends on the system, You can run up to 6 from the broadband router next to the sky box, I think BT do a 4 way router, but you can get a 6 way because I have one, that would give you broadband speeds in up to 6 rooms in the house, obviously you can use wireless, but hard wired a guarenteed fast signal where wireless can struggle in some homes.

Depends on the system, You can run up to 6 from the broadband router next to the sky box, I think BT do a 4 way router, but you can get a 6 way because I have one, that would give you broadband speeds in up to 6 rooms in the house, obviously you can use wireless, but hard wired a guarenteed fast signal where wireless can struggle in some homes.
mdj, you can buy a 6 way switch for under £50 from currys so sky is the limit.

if you go for your own router get one with a gb/10gb port feeding the switch (1Gb is around 200odd MBps, split 4 ways is 50mb)

put a switch in a cupboard or somewhere that is easy to add to in the future (they can always swap the switch for a bigger one)

the problem with wireless is the ping or in electrical terms the zs is a lot higher on wireless than wired.

Reply to first fix for 2x sky boxes in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net