Discuss First Interviews.............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A bit of an update:

First company - still don't know outcome which is very frustrating

Second company - have offered him a "degree apprenticeship of 5 years" - the downside is that the costs to get there would be around £400 per month - not sure driving is an option

Third company - still waiting for an interview date....

A bit of an update:

First company - still don't know outcome which is very frustrating

Second company - have offered him a "degree apprenticeship of 5 years" - the downside is that the costs to get there would be around £400 per month - not sure driving is an option

Third company - still waiting for an interview date....

What is the salary like and are they sponsoring the full course and is it a Bachelors Degree or Masters as Uni costs these days are £9k per year so its worth considering.

You really need to do the sums as it could be worth the sacrifice and even for him moving in to a house share closer to work may be an option.

I've never really had one. I'e had 2 jobs, the second of which I am still in and the 'interviews' if you can even call them that were less than formal

Many moons ago I had an interview at RAF recruitment in Nottingham. I'd had an initial couple of visits and chats about things and then an interview was arranged.
I spent most evenings reading up on current and previous missions, RAF Aircraft's, NATO etc
I absolutely sh*t it, I was 16 at the time and can honestly say it was the scariest thing I had ever done up until that point.
Had a complete melt down, couldn't remember a single thing and about 15mins into it, I stood up, apologised profusely and said I need to leave.
Anyway, the point of the rambling story is 2 days later the recruitment officer phoned me and we had a long chat about the interview process and life in general. He gave me some really good tips and reassured me that everything in life is an experience and the more experience we get, the better we become at dealing with them. He wasn't pushing for me to come back, he said that was for me to decide, the purpose of the phone call was to make sure I was ok and to offer me some support.
Top bloke and I'd love to shake his hand again.

Reply to First Interviews.............. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net