Discuss First PV install design -Constructive criticism please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jules27

Hi All,

Recently did 2399-12 and have lined up the first job to get my MCS accreditation (bad timing I know) , would anyone care to comment on this 22 x 185 Yingli panels with a Steca 3600 grid tie inverter .I think this matches well but some of you know for sure .The system is to be ground mounted with no shading issues.Can anyone recommend a ground mount Frame /supplier of ?

Thanks

Excellent thanks for you opinion and advice I will let you know how I get on , I will need planning permission etc so it'll be a while before its in
Cheers I'll check out Timbersol

Thanks

Definately no bonding either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jules we can help with your system design and are also able to help you with any mounting system design.

We have in house fabrication facilities so if there is not something "off the shelf" suitable for your ground mount then we can make something to order!

Also interesting, seems alot of ground mounts are bespoke from the reactions I've got so far.What off the shelf products do you have for ground mount arrays?

No, most are off the shelf. we stock Schuco ground mount and manufacturer our own called BritSol. Other options are available if these were to be unsuitable for any reason. Our ability to create bespoke ground mount solutions is unusual, hence it being worth mentioning as a USP.

I can't comment on Solar City's link as I don't know that company. It is unliklely it is a mass market solution as there aren't many timber framed arrays around. They are generally made by the installer for residential ground mounts where aesthetics can be a bigger consideration.

Hi, thanks for the reply . Would you mind sending us a link to your ground mount solutions please as I can't find them on your website?

I've got a log in now for your website

Cheers

Reply to First PV install design -Constructive criticism please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net