Discuss Five electrocuted at Turkish water park including three children in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

JK-Electrical

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Five people were electrocuted on Friday at a water park in northwest Turkey, including two teenagers and a 12-year-old, Turkish media reports said.

The three youngsters were caught up in an electrical current in the pool in the town of Akyazi in Sakarya province, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

The park's 58-year-old manager and his son 30-year-old son were killed when they jumped into the pool to try to save the flailing children, according to the private Dogan news agency.

Employees at the water park, 93 miles east of Istanbul, later cut power at the resort.

All five were rushed to a hospital in Akyazi but could not be saved. Two other people were hurt after touching metal railings near the pool, the reports said.

The children who died were aged 12, 15 and 17.

Police officers were conducting an investigation into what caused the electrocutions, Dogan reported. It added, however, that the park lacked a residual current breaker that shuts down power to prevent electrical shocks.

Television footage showed ambulances waiting outside the water park and several people gathered outside the Akyazi State Hospital.

Source: The Telegraph

Five people were electrocuted on Friday at a water park in northwest Turkey, including two teenagers and a 12-year-old, Turkish media reports said.

The three youngsters were caught up in an electrical current in the pool in the town of Akyazi in Sakarya province, the state-run Anadolu Agency reported.

The park's 58-year-old manager and his son 30-year-old son were killed when they jumped into the pool to try to save the flailing children, according to the private Dogan news agency.

Employees at the water park, 93 miles east of Istanbul, later cut power at the resort.

All five were rushed to a hospital in Akyazi but could not be saved. Two other people were hurt after touching metal railings near the pool, the reports said.

The children who died were aged 12, 15 and 17.

Police officers were conducting an investigation into what caused the electrocutions, Dogan reported. It added, however, that the park lacked a residual current breaker that shuts down power to prevent electrical shocks.

Television footage showed ambulances waiting outside the water park and several people gathered outside the Akyazi State Hospital.

Source: The Telegraph
Awful news. 5 dead is tragic but also could have been a lot more!

Well I don't think a British life is any more valuable than any other nation but yes I can see how we're used to better standards here and how that can then be portrayed as a bigger tragedy. Truth is, it's 2017 and the technology exists to make electrical installations very safe for an inexpensive sum - stuff like this should not be happening no matter which nation it is.

A number of places I attend haven't RCD protection and after explaining what this means they're still not bothered. Last one had Porsche 911 in the garage, along with the 50 yo board ...

. . . but at a water park! Don't think that the criminal investigation should take that long. Someone's going to get wrapped for that.
They'll probably blame Britain for the Brexit vote and making the European countryman to think and not including Turkey! I might be wrong, Saturday afternoon mumblings!

it's all to blame on brexit and tory spending cuts . jeremy .

I'm with you hightower, some of those third world country's are still behind the times
can you imagine if it was brits in the pool. a lot brits go out to (turn key) for hols.
I dont think you can class turkey as a third world country just probably don't have the stringent regulations we have, not sure tho.

Reply to Five electrocuted at Turkish water park including three children in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock