Discuss Five signs that you need to rewire your home in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is something you would like to see here... if not just delete, but it might be usefull to share:

Five SignsThat You Need To Rewire Your Home).png

More info can be found in the full article here.

Again, if this is not something that you want to see here, just delete or move to where you like it. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Zsolt

Is this some sort of joke?
None of those 5 thing means a reWIRE is needed.

Where does it state the condition of the cabling (ie crumbling rubber). or the need to carry out continuity and IR tests. That's going to dictate a need to rewire a property.

Good grief

I think the OP just posted out of interests sake, don't think he is an Electrician, may be doing him a disfavor by bad mouthing his post, just saying

I was not intending to badmouth , I never do. I was just interested what the intention was , as if it was his marketing or something he posted for discussion that he had found.

I was not intending to badmouth , I never do. I was just interested what the intention was , as if it was his marketing or something he posted for discussion that he had found.
Sorry mate wasn't aimed at you alone, I admit it my reply did seem that way although it was just my way of just saying perhaps, must learn to do better.

I believe the OP is one of the admins (maybe the only one?) of the Sparky Facts site, which to be fair does seem to have some comprehensive information about courses and such like on it. They have a blog section and the OP is part of a recent blog post.

Don't necessarily think he's advertising a business, just trying to provide information I guess.

Thanks for all your replies!

Just to clear some things up:

- yes, I am one of the admins at the before mentioned website

- the article was not written by an electrician and I don`t think it is aimed as information for electricians (plug sockets etc...). I think it was aimed at the general public and because of this it is not very technical

I thought, that this is something that somebody might find useful... sorry to stir up emotions...

Perhaps it is best just to delete it...

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. If this web site is meant for public consumption, do you not think it should be factual? A member of the public could read your blog, and have a damaged socket, and then think they need a rewire, and then potentially scammed by some unscrupulous company.

Perhaps you should delete that part of your web site!

I think to be fair if you follow the link with the post, there is further qualifications to the rather alarmist pictures and statements. Taken as a whole it is recommending an EICR every ten years if those conditions exist. Maybe an EICR instead of a rewire should have been suggested i.e. Five signs it is time for an inspection of your wiring.

Reply to Five signs that you need to rewire your home in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net