Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss fixed wire testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Farmelectrics

Farmelectrics Farmelectrics Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Farm electrics
    quick question has there been any change in the new bs7671 in regard to fixed wire testing now i no there hasnt. But someone i was talking to is adament there has, ive not invested in the new book yet waiting till end of febuary when the on site guide and gn3 is published

2. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    Shouldn't think so, hope to get my new BYB very soon.

3. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

I believe from readin other threads on here that some of the certs have changed. I imagine this was done just so they could sell more copies of GN3

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jay Sparks

Jay Sparks Forum Mentor

The Zs has changed due to the new Cmin. And as Dillb says, the forms have also changed, although until my new book arrives, I'm not sure which ones. I am waiting on a college sending me the PP from the 3rd amendment seminar he went to at YESS last week. Hopefully shed a few lights!!

5. Guest125

Guest125 Guest

A lot more tick boxes and a section to list special locations (which now includes external lighting installations that are not fixed to the outside wall) and the locations where basic and fault protection are provided.

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

A useful summary. I must think about buying the BYB but I want a new drill too - wonder which one I'll get first!!

7. Guest125

Guest125 Guest

Obvs....... New drill....

• Like Like x 2
  8. JD6400

JD6400 Forum Mentor

If you go for one of those diy red power devil's , it will probably still be working for the 18th or the 18th update the week after !

9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    power devil? more like spawn of the devil. i've got more torque in my d!ck!

• Like Like x 2
  10. HandySparks

HandySparks Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Psst, tel. I think you're doing it wrong, mate.

11. SirKit Breaker

SirKit Breaker Guest

Not much, the Zs values have come down a tad as Jay says. If you want to know what has changed then if you look through the regs, you will see a black line on the right side of the page next to certain things, this indicates that it is a change, an addition to the regs, or has been moved from elsewhere in the previous edition. This black line can run the full length of the page or can appear as vertical dotted line. As an example if you look at the green regs page 233 the line runs the full length of the page, so this page was added/changed/moved to the last edition. Page 113 has only one small line.

Cheers............Howard

• Like Like x 3
  12. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Have a look at the current IET Wiring Matters on their web site. They have started summarising the changes.