Discuss Fixed wiring for Kitchen Island Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Midwest

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Doing a kitchen refurb' at the moment (for my son actually), which has a kitchen island unit, between the kitchen area & dining area. Its going to have one twin socket, mounted somewhere inside and some led tape lighting around the edge of the work top.

The supplies come into the unit via conduit flushed into the flooring.

He told me yesterday, that he wanted some slack left in these cables, so he come move the island unit slightly. We are talking of moving it a no more than few inches back and forth, for occasions like Xmas, so he can fit in more people in the dining area. Crazy idea I know, young people ehhh.

Now I know some will bang on about sockets etc only being installed to the fixed fabric of a building, but it what its is :eek:

I could just leave some slack on the supplies - 6242y cable - or fix them into JB's on the floor & continuing on in 3183y cable.

Thoughts & views please

Too late for the flush floor socket, flooring complete with covering. I'm not chopping up the floor at this stage, or I won't be getting my invite for Xmas diner! I have the lighting to consider as well.

I mentioned I was seeking advice to him this morning, got a sideways look and he said he’s not considering moving said unit at all now. Spooky that.
Ahhh the old "leave it long enough and the issue will go away" :thumbsup:

Ahhh the old "leave it long enough and the issue will go away" :thumbsup:

I don't believe him though. Still there's more to worry about in life. If I wanted to be electrically PC, think I would gone along with Andy's suggestion, or terminated the two supplies in JB's in the plinth, and then continued on in some flex.

Tis done now though. Thanks for your opinions all.

Doing a kitchen refurb' at the moment (for my son actually), which has a kitchen island unit, between the kitchen area & dining area. Its going to have one twin socket, mounted somewhere inside and some led tape lighting around the edge of the work top.

The supplies come into the unit via conduit flushed into the flooring.

He told me yesterday, that he wanted some slack left in these cables, so he come move the island unit slightly. We are talking of moving it a no more than few inches back and forth, for occasions like Xmas, so he can fit in more people in the dining area. Crazy idea I know, young people ehhh.

Now I know some will bang on about sockets etc only being installed to the fixed fabric of a building, but it what its is :eek:

I could just leave some slack on the supplies - 6242y cable - or fix them into JB's on the floor & continuing on in 3183y cable.

Thoughts & views please
The JB option sound the best option, kids never satisfied

Customers -and family eh ! Had to fit a dimmer on the way home today for a single LED downlight in an upstairs loo [switch external] . They said that the brightness 'woke them up too much' if a nocturnal p155 was required ! :D

Customers -and family eh ! Had to fit a dimmer on the way home today for a single LED downlight in an upstairs loo [switch external] . They said that the brightness 'woke them up too much' if a nocturnal p155 was required ! :D
I take one in the dark, wonder if that's why the bath mat is a bit, well you know coloured

Reply to Fixed wiring for Kitchen Island Unit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock