Discuss Fixing rails to a tiled roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GaryM

I have a tiled roof and am wondering how the rails are secured to the roof?I assume a bracket of some sort is used but does it's the fixing of it that interests me. Does it secure through the batten and into the roof truss?

@GaryM

Have a look at these manufacturers websites, there are avariety of solutions, some are better than others, in future all will be covered by a standard, though at the moment no specific regulations exist, the LABC, have issued some comments, there is a new DTi guide coming out soon that will clarify things, and a compliance standadr will be issued next year.

in no particular order: a quick Google will find them for you:
Schletter
Schueco
Click-Fit
Renusol
K2 Solar Mounting Systems

Reply to Fixing rails to a tiled roof in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi wondering if you could help with some advice Been running an Essex/suffolk based electrical firm for last 20 years, mainly light commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m in the process of registering for mcs. I’ve done pv and battery course and done a fair amount of solar and battery installs. As part of...
Replies
Views
I am a retired electrician and I've been out of the game for a while. My son asked me a question the other day and I wasn't too sure how to answer...
Replies
Views
Hello All and happy new year. Over the holiay I have changed all of my old sockets to some nice new ones and added a couple with usb sockets for...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am an enthusiast amateur undertaking wiring of two outbuilding under a building notice. I am soon to be subject to a first fix inspection...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock