Discuss Flat bits, what do you recommend? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Haven’t found anything that is as good as the Bosch self cut ones myself.
I’ve got the dewalt extreme and the armeg wood beaver too but they don’t get a look in.

Sam

Thanks for all the suggestions/recommendations folks, looks like I’ll give the Bosch ones a try.
I’ve used auger bits in the past, but on a couple of occasions nearly broke my wrist when the jammed!

Thanks for all the suggestions/recommendations folks, looks like I’ll give the Bosch ones a try.
I’ve used auger bits in the past, but on a couple of occasions nearly broke my wrist when the jammed!

The quad type bits the me and Buzz linked to are not like a traditional spiralled auger bit, more like a spade bit on steroids. They remove sufficient material so that they don't jam.

missing one vital point in all this the bits are only as good as the machine driving them, so if the drill or impact driver is not upto much then you can have the best drill bit ever invented, but it will perform poorly.

missing one vital point in all this the bits are only as good as the machine driving them, so if the drill or impact driver is not upto much then you can have the best drill bit ever invented, but it will perform poorly.

Very true. I've blessed myself with a new Milwaukee fuel combi recently and it's eating joists for breakfast.

Hello All,

I have read good things about these `Armeg Wood Beaver` 4 flute drill bits:

Armeg Wood Beaver Drill Bit 25mm - https://www.screwflix..com/p/armeg-wood-beaver-drill-bit-25mm/40712#product_additional_details_container

I read that although they are more expensive than even good quality Flatbits - `they cut through joists like going through butter` and apparently last much longer `in normal use`.

I see that they have a 1/4" Hex shank which would be useful for quick change into a screwdriver bit holder - if that would keep them sitting `tight & straight` ?

I have not tried one yet - as I have quite a stock of 25mm Flatbits.

For Flatbits - I have been buying Bosch and Draper Flatbits for years and I would recommend either brand - but I occasionally get a couple of inexpensive `Silverline` ones - You really can tell after a few holes the `good quality` bits from the `cheap`ones.

If any Members do try the `Wood Beaver` bits I would appreciate their Review please.

Regards,

Chris

I have a set of the Bosch bits and the are good be wary if using in a bit holder (being lazy) as near the bottom where the indent is in the hex it can shear off if you get a little boisterous with the drill.

I was doing a premier inn recently all timber framed drilling thousands of holes for the bedrooms. I used flat bits all variets and also CK Auger drill bits they are all good until you hit a nail !!!

What I did use was a 18v Millwaukee Brushless FPD combi 135nm or torque very good piece of kit.

Good price too..

A beast of a drill goes through RSJ's like butter.

# only bad point is the chuck is to smooth to grip after a while I'm considering putting a Makita chuck on mine.

Cheers

Armeg 16 Piece Twister Drilling Set - For Impact Drivers - https://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/armeg-twister-drilling-set-impact-rated-16pc.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2NXTBRDoARIsAJRIvLwhrXO7IJUtXqD9lACh_CYQD5vfBqr9YVkbib2WO0vpgbi3v_hVGykaAnBDEALw_wcB

Armeg Nail proof wood beavers are the Bees Knees you get a 20 and 25 with this kit which is expensive but the other bits are brill imho. I've done many jobs with just this kit and an impact driver.
Also I broke the 3mm bit and they sent me a new one and the shank snapped on the 25mm and they sent me a new one - they wouldn't replace the 20mm one that I dropped down a cavity thought. The masonry bits are multi material and go through wood pretty well too.

MAKITA DHP481Z 18V BRUSHLESS - it hurts when it kicks back - I have to use the long handle on slow speed cutting 100mm holes in floor boards - also use a Makita angle drill and that works well too. DeWalt should be OK tooI would've thought, although I don't know how the torque compares.

Armeg 16 Piece Twister Drilling Set - For Impact Drivers - https://www.buybrandtools.com/acatalog/armeg-twister-drilling-set-impact-rated-16pc.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2NXTBRDoARIsAJRIvLwhrXO7IJUtXqD9lACh_CYQD5vfBqr9YVkbib2WO0vpgbi3v_hVGykaAnBDEALw_wcB

Armeg Nail proof wood beavers are the Bees Knees you get a 20 and 25 with this kit which is expensive but the other bits are brill imho. I've done many jobs with just this kit and an impact driver.
Also I broke the 3mm bit and they sent me a new one and the shank snapped on the 25mm and they sent me a new one - they wouldn't replace the 20mm one that I dropped down a cavity thought. The masonry bits are multi material and go through wood pretty well too.
DROOL.

Reply to Flat bits, what do you recommend? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock