Discuss Flat supplies and multi head installations, help please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

E14RKS

Hi,
in the process of wiring 4 flats for a customer(new build). Have wired flats in past and if I needed five supplies, uk power network would install 5 supply's with cut outs, I'd normally come from these to a fused switch and then off to each flat with a suitable swa cable. Uk power networks have been and installed a 3 phase head, ( new policy)now my question is I've got to turn this 3 phase supply into 5 supplies( 4 flats and 1 landlords supply) I've spoke to uk power networks and they said I need to install a 3 phase 100a issolator( lockable) after the head and either a multi service user multi head (Henley 7 way head) or I can use a 3 phase DB with suitably sized mcbs as long as this is lockable.
Anybody have any experience of this? The Henley multi head is expensive so the 3 phase DB is the way I'd like to go if this seems viable, look forward to your opinions,

Ryefield board. read here:

IET Forums - Ryefield board required or not?

Another question, how is the supply to be metered? One 3Ph common meter and privately owned sub-meters or individual metered supplies.

I wouldn’t fit a board with MCB’s.

You need to talk to the supplier otherwise you could end up taking it all out.

Reply to Flat supplies and multi head installations, help please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock