Discuss Flat wood bit stuck in impact driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wood bit in a vice, reverse the driver and hope for the best...

And why would you use a wood bit in an impact driver?

Sort of here as well!
I got a 20mm sds bit stuck in a stone wall of a house tried the usual tricks and it wouldn't come out sooo I borrowed a heavier drill off a mate and went and snapped the bit off about half way down it. Left half of it in the wall. It must of had a weak point in the bit and decided enough was enough!
Sy

Coincidentally, I bought a set on Armeg impact drill bits this morning and used them to fit a radiator this afternoon.

Really impressed, just having to take one tool can make a big difference with reactive maintenance jobs, especially in city centres.

Anyone ever had a long SDS bit totally jammed in a stone/granite type wall - and abandoned it ?? :D
I was drilling down through my concrete kitchen floor behind the kitchen cabinets to replace the water main and got a 3ft 20mm drill bit stuck but eventually managed to get it free by using a 25mm drill bit and drilling down beside it, at some cost to the 25mm bit, but I had spent two days getting that far and was not going to try again.

Reply to Flat wood bit stuck in impact driver in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was working alongside the plumber yesterday. I had to drill some 32mm holes through joists. I always use my Makita 481 high torque drill will a...
Replies
Views
My friend just moved into a new build flat and its for a disabled person with a hydraulic lift to go to the upper floor. There was/is a leak...
Replies
Views
So as the title states and this turned out to be harder than it sounds task, been trying to find a driver for an LED fixture I have that came...
Replies
Views
having failed my first attempt at 18th edition exam, does anyone have any tips and tricks on how to study for the exam? being that there is a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Changing my heating/water programmer and im stuck on the wiring ive gone from a danfoss to a Drayton and the wiring description is...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock