Discuss Flogas Module 1 Autogas Unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I have been asked to quote for a supply to a small gas tank installation, I have never worked on gas before, I do not have issues with the electrical work but am unsure:

If I am allowed or insured to carry out this type of work?
What other areas do I need to consider?

Please be gentle with me!

i imagine that it's perfectly OK for you to install a supply for the unit. will that be a FCU?. as for connecting gas, you'd need to be gas safe registered.

I was a bit suspicious that I could do this work as there is no mention in BS7671 about gas tanks, so with a bit of further digging I found:

Electrical work within hazardous places should only be carried out by suitably trained personnel who can prove competence in the type of work being undertaken. Individual electricians should have successfully completed suitable training appropriate to the tasks to be undertaken and reflecting the Electricity at Work Regulations and the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations. (For many types of work this will mean a COMP ‘Ex’ or similar training course) and their training suitably recorded, e.g. an appropriately endorsed “Joint Industries Board” (JIB) card. A JIB card includes a summary of training on the back of the card.

Reply to Flogas Module 1 Autogas Unit in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock